*OFFICIAL* Alienware 13 R1/R2 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Mr. Fox, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Eurasianman

Eurasianman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes, the dual core Core i7 works just fine. That, paired with the 16 GB of RAM and SSD, I am able to run a few VMs, all at the same time, without issue. My only minor gripe is that I didn't wait a few more months for the R2 with the larger battery and higher resolution screen, but oh well. The laptop works great :)

2. miro_gt

miro_gt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I dont know how you order but this is what I get when I go to place an order:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    obviously the i7-5500U doesn't go to 3.1GHz so Dell need to fix their website. Until then - no order, lol.

3. Game7a1

Game7a1 ?

Reputations:
    jeodelly posted his invoice/ tracking page. You'll see the change when you look at that page, but you'll have to place an order first.
    Even then, the 13 R2 in other regions has the i7-6500u listed. Not all regions, but the Skylake CPU will be there in the invoice.
    It's not a problem to wait a month but to not believe us when we're telling the truth or the information on this forum is, well, sad.

4. kousuke

kousuke Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  5. jedolley

jedolley Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    When I placed my order it still showed the i7-5500U as well, but since Alienware has stated numerous times that it will be a free upgrade, I ordered based on good faith that it would come with Skylake. My picture is the detail from the "Order Status" page after I placed my order and as you can see, Alienware appears to be acting in good faith and will delivered what they stated.

6. hari naga varma

hari naga varma Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the inputs

7. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    You won't notice any performance gains between the 5500U and 6500U.

Benchmarks may score about 1%-4% higher with the 6500U only because it is clocked 100MHz higher.

Skylake is focused on efficiency. Improved battery life is what you'll notice most.

8. Srin12

Srin12 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am a student and planning to use my laptop for moderate gaming and easy portability is my key concern. I have an HP 2nd gen i7 which is not working as well as it used to. It has the AMD radeon graphic card which HP stops from updating the drivers and causes overheating issues that can burn the skin off your lap.

So I zeroed in on the Alienware 13 R2 and am planning to order by this weekend. Will it ship with the Skylake processors if I order now?
    I recently came across this thread and posts seem to suggest the same. Please let me know regarding the same as I need to buy a laptop soon.

Also, I stay in the U.S

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  9. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
  10. Game7a1

Game7a1 ?

Reputations: