*OFFICIAL* Alienware 13 R1/R2 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Mr. Fox, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Xanderprime

Xanderprime Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm having an issue with my Alienware 13 whenever I play games in battery power. After a few minutes (maybe 10) the screen would dim to the lowest setting and my mouse (wireless usb) would cut out. I went through all the power settings to see if there was any setting I could switch to stop this.

I also called tech support and they stated the laptop is not meant to play games with the battery (which I understand but still should be able to play for a little bit...).

2. pokey2014

pokey2014 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Does anyone have audio stuttering ?

3. Dolbs

Dolbs Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Ive had the same issue with battery gaming. A custom power plan my help Also battery optimiser in GeForce experience may help.

4. pokey2014

pokey2014 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Mine happens only on YouTube , gaming seems fine

5. tg_chris

tg_chris Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You have two choices. Start it plugged in and then just unplug you'll get a discharge rate of 6-8k. If you are starting it up on battery, then you need to leave it sitting at the Windows login for about 60 seconds before logging in. Once you do that the discharge rate will be normally 7-9k. If you don't get a good enough one reboot and let it sit there again. It's clearly a software bug that Dell won't acknowledge. I've spent way too much time figuring out a workaround and dealing with their apathetic support.

6. Game7a1

Game7a1 ?

Reputations:
    The newest Nvidia driver has released. The OEM 860m ID is in one of the .inf files (nvdmi), so it should install without any modding, but I can't verify as of this moment (on my HP laptop).

7. M666p

M666p Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @Game7a1
    can confirm 350.86 installs on mine, no oc though...

8. Game7a1

Game7a1 ?

Reputations:
    As expected with the overclock. The OEM 860m and GTX 960m on the AW13 have the overclock-blocked vBIOS. But good to let us know that the newest drivers are able to install on all AW13s.

9. leslie.siang

leslie.siang Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just tried Witcher 3 before heading out to work this morning. 25-30fps with mostly high + some med settings at 1080p. 1440p about 16-20fps. Gameworks disabled. Shadow Med.

Can't ask for much more i guess considering even desktop GPUs can be brought to their knees ...

http://wccftech.com/witcher-3-initial-benchmarks/

10. bakedpatato

bakedpatato Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The installer fails on Windows 10(Driver fails to install) but the installer doesn't block install at "Verifying System Compatibility" so it should work on Windows 8.1...