Official Acer Aspire 5739G Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Acer' started by tuηay, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. propolkin

propolkin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It is usual, because T9900 is not so hot as X9100. As I said - do undevolt for your CPU :)

2. bernida

bernida Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    ok ill try undervolt

what program do i need? do i also need modded bios?
    how much can i undervolt?

3. bernida

Reputations:
    LOLWUT!

sry 4 doublepost

just got this baby undervolted from 1.25V to 1.0625V (just thought of some nice value) and its not even going further than 80°C on prime95 (now stable on 77 since 3mins) on THRM reading!
    stable so far, lets see!

awesome thing...

[​IMG]

how can i test how far i can go down with that vcore? if its too low will it just bluescreen/shutdown away or what? or will it produce errors (on prime/burntest) before?

PS: just running intelburntest since 5mins stable (remember it didnt even run 15secs before) with a THRM of 87°C (maybe it will max out on 90), but this is a very nice value for me, even the p7450 went to 90/91 on intelburntest

guys, undervolting is the key for your stable running laptop :)

EDIT: that screenshot is crap. forgot to set the multiplier to 11.5 xD will test it again and tell you

4. propolkin

propolkin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    As i said - undervolting will solve your problem with overheating. ;) The easyest way to check, is your OS stable on this voltage, just stress your CPU with Everest or another stressing CPU programm. If your notebook don`t shutdown, don`t freeze or don`t shows BSOD, that means, that on this voltage your CPU stable. using this method, you will find a lowest voltage, with wich your CPU will be stable.

Most comon situation, if voltage level is not at needed level - your OS just freeze. If so, rise voltage a bit.

I`ve found HD6770m on this site. On ebay this Video Card costs 559.99 $. But here is only 210$ ? What could it be - truth or not?

5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
  6. iain.lightbody

iain.lightbody Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The guys are waresphere told me they would exchange my M5950 GDDR3 for one with GDDR5 whenever their holiday is over. I can recommend them so far.

7. propolkin

propolkin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I`ve searched information about this card - in notebookcheck and some other sites there is written, that in games this card shows less performance, than 6770m on 10-15%. But in professional programms it shows better performance because of professional drivers. I`ll think of buying this card, instead of 6770m.

8. iain.lightbody

iain.lightbody Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I've got bad news. The guys over at waresphere are out of GDDR5 M5950's. All they have left are GDDR3 variant. They offered my partial refund and I keep the card or a full refund and I send it back. I decided to accept the partial refund as it runs cooler than my 4670.

9. tuηay

tuηay o TuNaY o

Reputations:
    Hello guys, I'm not dead yet ;)

The reason for your shutdowns are not the CPU. It is the Northbrige itself. I've had the same problem with every CPU. The Chipset does not tackle the Prime95 for some reason. But then again, I've NEVER got a shutdown in realworld, like gaming or so. The copper shim does not work, do not even waste your time on it. Neither does suggest VGA copper that were suggested few pages back.

I've ordred a new GPU to get it running again, but not recived anything yet.

I've did a second fan mod, I don't know if I've told you that. But it only lasted for few hours because the backplate did not fit. I had to raise my laptop about one cm. It didn't look really good. But the FAN was directly pointing at the Northbrige with eliminiated the shutdown error. It were able to do a prime95 run for 15 minutes before I've cancled it.

10. bernida

Reputations:
    I dont know if this is still correct...

Like you, tunay, I also thought the THRM reading must be something with the Northbridge (as its mentioned as Chipset temp) and as it shuts down on 96C, I also thought it might be Northbridge overheating. I was Primestable for 2mins lol
    BUT:
    Undervolting my CPU from 1.25V to 1.05V did directy affect the THRM temp, now I'm Primestable (canceled after 20min, THRM <=87C)
    So what should be the relation between CPU voltage and Northbridge load?

So it also would be really interesting to know for me, as my system is still not stable on Furmark+Prime95

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.