Official Acer Aspire 5739G Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Acer' started by tuηay, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iain.lightbody

iain.lightbody Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The people that sold me my M5950 told me I could have 10% off since it was wrongly advertised or I could send it back for a full refund. I asked for an exchange. I ran 3dmark06. It ran at 1280x768, and I received a score of 8483. In comparison, CROSSFIRE_GTI posted that his 6770M with GDDR5 scored 10774 at the same resolution. I'll let you know what the guys do for me with my GDDR3 card.

2. Owner5739G ver.2

Owner5739G ver.2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey!! So GTI thanx for giving a try and starting a GTX460 : )
    bernida try to put a radiator on the chipset a small one or anythink you ANYTHING just to spread the heat.
    Stick it with a thermalglue or somethink.
    Since my T9550 is unstable at 333FSB (3,33GHz) and the Samsung Ram 1066 (oc 1333) i get a P8600 and managed to get nice 333FSB fully stable(3GHz) tested with IBT temp max 90/87 little bit high - have to get more compound.
    And bernida your notebooka is shutting down when stressing it only or what?
    If yes then its a temp problem = undervolt or I don't know? Maybe change the thermalpaste and heatsink or fan. Whan playing games is happens too?

I found a GTS250M for about 50$ with delivery : ) have to get one of these.
    My GT240M gets 8,5k in 3DMark 06 OC'ed to 670/1475/970 and T9550 on 3,33GHz. Maybe i will get >10k with the GTS? :)

Also i bought a Acer netbook realy cheap one about 130$ with N270,1GIG,120HDD, GMA950 :) Love to play with this crap haha

And i always replace the cpu without taking the whole laptop apart.......
    Such a waste of time IMHO. You can get it easier then just lifting the heatpipe and replace it easily... It takes about 1min the whole proces. And theres no problem to clear the core and the heatsink just take a handky and clear it.

OK

LATER!!!

As always sorry for my english!!!

3. bernida

bernida Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    yes, siwtching the proc this way (lifting heatpipe) hasnt any effect on the temps (if heatpipe surface was cleaned well and thermal paste new)...made no difference

i dont want to mod the laptop so it will be stationary, want it as portable as was..., so no cutting and building fans in.

yes, even when gaming, it will randomly shut down (I even put the laptop on a rack which gives an angle and free air circulation under laptop)

just as i said: intelburntest: T9900: down after 10secs, P7450: I was bored after 30mins, fan didnt run 100%, only for short times. and this on plane wood (no good air circulation)

and BTW i used 3d mark vantage NOT '06, vantage is optimized for vista/7

4. Owner5739G ver.2

Owner5739G ver.2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I dont said that you should build in a fan or cut somethink out.
    Theses some place in the casing and you have to cool down the chipset...
    Maybe T9900 is just to hot for your notebook but some guys were running the T9900 without these problems....

Try somethink like this out:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. costi07

costi07 Newbie

Reputations:
    Acer Aspire 5739G
    Intel Core 2 Duo P7450 // Nvidia GT240M // 4GB RAM // Seagate 500GB SATA-II 7200 rpm 16MB Momentus 7200.4 G-Force Protection // 500GB 5400rpm Hitachi on rack @ eSata // W7-64bit

What is temp1/acpi temperature on?! NorthBridge or something about power supply?!

Rather use this 2 keep the SB cool.. [​IMG]

This is a good thing for overall cooling!
    I have a friend with a HP notebook.. damn.. that thing is a hotplate. Aldo the fan intake air directly from outside and he has the GT104M(and the t6600) he has problem with CPU temperatures. Because the fan intake air directly from outside his HDD heats up the palmrest, memory is quite hot to.. not quite pleasant.
    Last summer I've changed his NB blower because operating at maximum speed he jammed.

I think that GT240M performance are limited by p7450. NFS The Run. max 20 fps :D AND GPU load was max 60%.. That translates by a CPU bottleneck.

6. bernida

Reputations:
    well, i dont really think this can be solved by adding this coolers...
    maybe it will be primestable (but also maybe limited to some minutes) but if its gonna shut down after 15secs (!) with intelburntest i dont think this will change it

How can you overvolt/undervolt?

seems like highest vcore for p7450 AND t9900 is 1.1375V why wont it go higher? the cpus have a higher spec

how much can u undervolt it? how to test stability?

EDIT:

got some new eyecandy for ya (lol):

P7450 25W TDP (!)
    after ~10mins
    laptop on even wooden table, room temperature
    2nd pic was some minutes later with p95 off

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. propolkin

propolkin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    1) Read last 4-5 pages, i written about heatsinks and lowered temperatures.
    2) To undervolt or overvolt your CPU you must use RMClock utility. In this programm you have to change power management from in Profiles.
    3) To test stability you have to stress your CPU as maximum, as possible, for example, by Everest or IBT. If it is stable in new voltage, than you can drop it again. If it is not stable - rise your voltage a bit. Here you must find stable lowest voltage. For example, for my X9100 3.06 GHz lowest and stable voltage is 1.087V. But was 1.235V by default. With default voltages maximum temp. was 105 C ( after 30 sec of stress CPU ) - shut down of overheating. WIth this voltages - 89 C. With new thermal paste ( Arctic Silver 5 ) and FULLY cleaned thermal system before putting new thermal paste and with 3 additional heatsinks on CPU cooling plate highest temp. now is only 76-81. It is a very good result - cooler doesn`t spin anymore like crazy.

From the practical point of view none of your measurments, which are on screens you posted, can be the truth. It depens on programm, that your are using to monitor tour temp., depends on its code and depends on version of programm. My old Everest shows me from -5 to +120C for Pentium IV. Latest version - normal temperatures. :)

Sorry for my english.:D

8. bernida

Reputations:
    okay ill see

lol..the temps were always like that
    believe it or not, this is the truth

btw hwmonitor is a program also tunay uses, for example... also coretemp works well
    any other programs (everest, speedfan,....) show the same readings...
    all are latest... this is just it

9. propolkin

propolkin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Strange, than use HVMonitor measurments, I think. :)

10. bernida

Reputations:
    you see HWmon readings on the screenshot

i think my laptop is just a hot running thing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.