Official Acer Aspire 5739G Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Acer' started by tuηay, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    CPU thermal sensors care more about load temperatures so they are calibrated to be accurate at high temps rather than low temps.

2. tuηay

tuηay o TuNaY o

Reputations:
    No, you have to remove the whole motherboard. Also, you must clean the old paste. There is diffrent cleaning tools..

Ahhh, have you tried at higher timings?

This woudn't suprize me actually..

3. propolkin

propolkin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    My X9100 is arrived!

I`ve installed it about 20 minuts ago. Testing it now. Temperatures without load:

[​IMG]

While trying to test with load in EVEREST, using System Stability Test Utility, the temperatures of CPU Cores are too high: Core #1 is 100-105 C, Core #2 is 85-95 C. After ~1 minute of testing with load notebook shuts down. With load fan is spining like crazy. Can it be a bad contact of CPU and Thermal plate? Thermal paste layer is very thin, as it should be.

P.S. I`ve updated BIOS to v0.3310 using WinFlash Utility.

4. tuηay

tuηay o TuNaY o

Reputations:
    What fan do you have? Green or Black label?

You can overvolt if you don't plan to overclock.

5. propolkin

propolkin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have stock fan - black one. My old T6600 without load had 30-33 C and with load lower than ~85 C.

How can I overvolt the CPU? Even with updated BIOS there is now options to configure CPU.

What I don`t understand - why the first core is, for example, 85 C, but the second is 55 C? It seems like thermal paste isn`t put regularly. I think it is problem with thermal paste, because I had my own TITAN, wich was very good, as I can remember. But while I was prepairing things to replace the CPU, I have not found my thermal paste - I`ve taken "new" from my neighborhood, that isn`t so fluid, as mine.

6. tuηay

tuηay o TuNaY o

Reputations:
    WOWOWOOO! Forget that post. I mean undervolt, not overvolt. Overvolting will raise your tempratures..

You can try Thorttlestop.

Search The thorttlestop guide on google, it should bring up the guide here on NBR.. Not option in BIOS, sorry.

7. propolkin

propolkin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    As I can understand, i have to reenter information in throttlestop in every system boot?

8. tuηay

tuηay o TuNaY o

Reputations:
    No, you can save the changes and apply them on boot.

9. propolkin

propolkin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    First I will try to place litle more thermal paste. If there will be no effect, than I`ll try to use throttlestop.

Added: After placing additional thermal paste the situation is better: now with 100% on CPU the temperatures are less then 87-90% and without load ( only Firefox and Kaspersky launched ) the temperatures are 55-65 C. Yep, there was a problem in thermal paste. Tommorow I`ll buy a new one.

Screen shot of the stability test:

[​IMG]

CPU-Z:

[​IMG]

And one question: the green labled fan is AIDA, right? Is it much better than the black labled one? And is it louder?

Ahh, and another thing: using windows 7 systems estimation option the Core #1 temperature again rised to 98-102C, but Core #2 72-80 C.

10. tuηay

tuηay o TuNaY o

Reputations:
    Either you have bad sensors which I dubt. The high tempratures are most likely caused by the thermal paste.

There is two diffrent yes, I have tried both my self, and honestly, don't know what to belive now, because all 3 fans I have perform diffrently... Really no idea what's going on..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.