Official Acer Aspire 5739G Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Acer' started by tuηay, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nem52

nem52 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    did anyone here successfully integrated Dell 6770m vbios on our sbios??? tried it my self but bumped in a lot of problems :/ no luck until now. anyone with the complete bios file ready and working???

2. propolkin

propolkin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I`ve written before, that I`ve integrated 6770M and M4000 vbios into sBIOS, but I don`t have these currently.

Edited:

I`ve integrated for you 6770M vBIOS from DELL into 5739G`s v3311 sBIOS. Option .rom file for nVidia G105M is removed from this sBIOS. Instead a 6770M vBIOS is added. So G105M without ROM chip on the card will not work any more. Other cards, that use N10M-GE1 chip will not work too without ROM chip on board of the card.

See attached file in this message.

Use it at your own risk! I have no responsibility if something goes wrong! Make a CrysisDisk before flashing. Use only DOS method with USB drive for flashing. Read technical manual of 5739G in order to know how to use a CrysisDisk. How to creat and how to use a CrysisDisk you can read also at this forum (it is mandatory for your read these threads, related to sBIOS flashing). For example, when I was playing with M4000 from HP, I`ve also integrated vBIOS into sBIOS and after third attempt I`ve bricked my BIOS and only with ten`s attempt I`ve managed to recover my laptop. So, yeah, be carefull - you need to be sure at 100% of what your are doing, when you are flashing your sBIOS.

kontini,
    I think just as experiment it will be interesting to install M1000M into our laptop. But I think that cards from such generation will be botlenecked by CPU, even our X9100. It needs at least QX9300 overclocked in order to manage to fully load the card. But, maybe, only maybe, I`ll buy this card after some year. It has 2GB of GDDR5 onbard that is very usefull in modern games.

If it would be a version from DELL (the card you`ve provided a link is from HP) it should be a plug-n-play.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  3. propolkin

propolkin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Damn, my laptop is so old at these days... The WLAN antena is not working anymore. :D I`ve installed different WiFi adapters, the systems can see them, but both doesn`t connect to WiFi... Again I have to put money into that dinosaur... :D

4. crusi86

crusi86 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello guys. I am happy 5739G owner from many years. Not so far ago I have upgraded it with t9600 CPU, 8GB of 1066 RAM and SSD. Thanks to that it is still very nice laptop for daily use. Few days ago I have also replaced GT240M with Dell Quadro 1000M. After upgrade everything was working perfectly. Problem started two days ago, my wife left laptop hibernated, after turning on it showed screen with browser for 10 seconds and shut down. After this when I turn it on it flash all leds, spin fan but it looks like it does not boot at all and screen does not turn on at all. When I leave it like that for few minutes I can hear one beep and thats all. I took everyrhing apart and put together but it did not help, after that I have installed GT240M and with it laptop is working without any problem. After that I thought that my quadro 1000m is dead but to be sure I have installed it in my second laptop (7738) and it works like a charm so I put it once again to my 5739G and nothing, laptop does not boot and screen is black. Maybe somebody has an idea why it does not work anymore and how to fix it? I have tried clearing cmos aswell.

5. Vyga

Vyga Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    At one point I thought I killed my gt240m while I was changing pastes/pads but turns out one pin, NOT on card itself BUT in the connection for card in the laptop had hair in it. I can't recall laptop behavior while starting it, but at that point I was starting to look for new GPU as I had no other ways to test card but with 5739g... Thou, your case seems different as one card works and the one that doesn't work- worked previously, it still wouldn't hurt to try cleaning connections, making sure card sits well and see if maybe it helps.

6. crusi86

crusi86 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for advice, I have just cleaned port, done a quick check if all pins are ok,and installe card one more time, but unfortunately still nothing, same issue. I have no idea it's not working ;/

7. grimreaper3320

grimreaper3320 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello @propolkin , nice seeing you again. Can you help me solve my problem below ? I want to try everything i could before giving up on this kit. So please show me what i should do to make it work. Would flashing bios help ? What is the latest bios right now ?
    Thank you a bunch mate.

8. propolkin

propolkin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hello, grimreaper3320. I thing that nothing can be done in this case. As I know, not all RAM modules work in our laptops. Don`t know really on what it is depended. There are several models, that will work 100%. Such as Hynix or Kingston.

The BIOS flashing will not help as ability work with RAM modules is not related to bios. It is related to chipset, if I`m not mistaken.

9. filip_pine

filip_pine Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hey propolkin, i have received my M4000 Video Card, install it in my laptop but i can't seems to trigger the GPU. I Install diffrenet drivers, but it dosent appear in Device manager, just Standard VGA Adapter.

Which drivers i should use to activate the GPU ? I'm confuse... :((

10. propolkin

propolkin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hello, filip_pine! Make a photo of your card, is it really from DELL? Try drivers for 7770M. Drivers for M4000 will not work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.