Official Acer Aspire 5739G Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Acer' started by tuηay, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VTS

VTS Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hi guys,

i have problem in OpenCL performance with my new Firepro m5950 1gb gddr5 RED (6770M),
    i use sony vegas pro 13 to render the final video project i use the GPU that is musch faster than Cpu...

i have tried amd catalyst, 14.12 , 14.9, 14.4, 13.12 , 13.4, the last version of catalyst from dell and hp website but nothing the GPU doesn't render (gpu doesn't work/load)

the card is very fast for gaming (i tried it) , but i do not care for this use.

i have tried the the ati 5650 red mxm and the dell 5730 red mxm both works very very fast in render (opencl) in vegas pro 13 with all driver amd catalyst

sony vegas pro 13 support all cards that i have tried; gt 240m, ati 5650, 5730, 6770m, firepro m5950..

any suggestion about drivers?
    thanks

2. propolkin

propolkin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hello VTS. Sorry, I can`t help with that issue. Not familiar with that.

I`ve received my new M4000. Works like a charm. It seems that my heatsink module behaves strange - heatpipe from GPU makes a heatpipe from CPU heat too. I know it has to be so, because radiators from GPU and CPU are close to each other. But not so dramatically. In weekend I`ll try to take heatpipe and radiator for GPU from old heatsink module. Maybe it will help to reduce the temps. And, as I`ve mentioned before in this thread, the main problem is copper plate for the GPU because of which GPU chip is not covered fully.

The seller from whom i`ve bought this card is a really good person - verry communicative with good support. If someone is interested in buying things from him, just PM me.

Currently my temps are: GPu 76 and CPU 72. :D And that`s only using Chrome. MSI Afterburner shows, that GPU is loaded on 96% while I`m in chrome. o_O

Edited after 1 minute: oh, that was not chrome. :D That was lagged Dark Souls II Steam process. :D

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  3. propolkin

propolkin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    VTS, considering your problem. Have your read this already? Additional link: link.

4. VTS

VTS Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    thankyou propolkin, I had already seen those posts on the net, but i have not resolve :(

for the temps,

with the ati 5650 ( max TDP 19-20W) my temp. after 1hour under-load was for the Gpu never go over 58-59°C and the CPU at 64°C,room temperature 19-20°C

with firepro M5950(max TDP 35W) temp. after 1hour under load, GPU max 71°C and CPU max 68-69°C, room temperature 22°C

5. VTS

VTS Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  6. propolkin

propolkin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Damn, I have to make a copper mod for a GPU. I have really high temps for my M4000 after load. Does the gap between heatsink plate and GPU cristall is ~1mm?

Why i`m asking, I have a copper square wich is 1 mm thick. I`m afraid of damaging the GPU crystall with excessive pressure.

I`ve seen these cards, but I don`t think that these would be available even on ebay. Too specific stuff, I think. But, maybe, there would be a luck and we shall see them in ebay too. :)

7. madace

madace Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Heatsink mod / copper shims are well worth the effort - my M4000 is rocking along at 900Mhz with Afterburner xD

propolkin likes this.
  8. propolkin

propolkin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You`ve managed to overclock it and gain a performance from it? o_O I`ve tried to overclock it, but didn`t get any peformance in addition.

By the way, have you screwed-on the card to 100% or 80-90%?

I`ve combined my old and new heatsink modules. Took old heatpipe module for GPU, new cooler and new heatpipe for CPU. Used 1mm thick copper shims for GPU. Didn`t screw it at 100% as I`m affraid of damaging a GPU crystall. Now my highest temps are only: CPU 68, GPU 70. These temps are after running Furmark and CPU Stress test at one time. Cool! I`m absolutelly happy with that results. Now I even can overclock my X9100 C0 :DDD

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  9. VTS

VTS Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

really, really good temps if you have load both cpu +gpu for 15 minutes with furmark ;)

before the mod what temps you have reached on furmark(gpu +cpu)?

don't be affraid about the gpu die(crystal)and screwed-on the v- card to 100% because the plate of gpu heat pipe is on the spring and can reached any position under pressure ;)

propolkin likes this.
  10. propolkin

propolkin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Before the mod has been done I`ve had temps on GPU and CPU as follows:

1.CPU - 87 C
    2.GPU - don`t know.

I have not tested it under furmark with new (un-combined) heatsink module because when I started a furmark my temps started to increase very quickly and I had to shut down the Furmark.

Using old heatsink module my temps were:

1.CPU 93 C
    2. GPU 89 C.

As you can see, these temps are really bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.