Official 2012 Sony S Series Owners Thread

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by Petrov, Jun 9, 2012.

1. mikelino666

mikelino666 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you so much for the fast reply! in other forums no one is still using this pc!
    So, just checked drivers
    Interl: same
    Nvidia: 22.21.13.8165

I'm gonna try reinstall once again other drivers like Library etc... with win7 option.... actually do not know whether i should unistall something or not...
    and yes, hotkey as well.
    Do you if could be a problem of the control center as well? Damn, everytime that i upgraded windows I've always done an upgrade and not a clean install and this time i wanted to clean the entire pc!

2. bobafett

bobafett Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes, i would try to install those windows 7 system drivers, windows has nothing to do with these functions, I guess no need to uninstall anything.

I never did a clean install, it's still the original 2012 version of win7, with the windows 10 "on top of it". :) And it works flawlessly.

3. mikelino666

mikelino666 Newbie

Reputations:

GOT IT! Thanks guys! so, I reinstalled few drivers and hotkey with windows 7 compatibility but i got stuck with the same problems, no fn brightness and no stamina/speed.

BUT. I unistall sony control center and decided to check which one was the first version at the support page of my model so I downloaded an installed the windows 7 version in compatibily windows 7 mode even if there was the windows 8 version available. Reboot everything and now it is everything working!

Thank you guys! i reccomend you to upgrade with a clean install, i don't have any problem and pc is flying! I don't know you guys, but in my situation the fingerprint sensor now is working thanks to windows hello!

Just one more question, what about your battery? mine is dying......do you suggest any website to buy a brand new one in Europe? just found one for around 120 euro and it is toooo much.
    Thanks!

4. exProphecy

exProphecy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    For some reason, my disable touchpad hotkey stopped working correctly. Anyone else having this issue? My volume and brightness hotkeys still function correctly just my disable touchpad one doesn't work. I tried reinstalling synaptics driver and reinstalling Sony Vaio Hotkey utilities still doesn't work..

5. mikelino666

mikelino666 Newbie

Reputations:
    Unfortunately i've never had any problem with touchpad! Was just using synaptics drivers so far! In my opinion vaio hotkey does not do anything for the touchpad! sorry i can't help!

6. exProphecy

exProphecy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ah you've never disabled your touchpad using Fn + F1? I used it before but now it just doesn't disable the touchpad :(

7. Pohmell

Pohmell Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    After years of owning the S13P i begun to wonder if there is any viable upgrade?

Using beloved S13P daily and it has hold up pretty well but getting tiered from replacing parts and looking for better hardware but stay 13 to 14" size.

Replaced so far:
    2nd fan (Sometimes used as server = long uptimes).
    3rd keyboard (Buttons just stop working, specially prone is Space bar).
    2nd wifi card (always lost connection randomly).
    2nd power jack (stopped charing).
    2nd screen (upper left started loosing pixels and it spread toward the middle).

Atm the LCD cable needs replacing, USB 2.0 need soldering also the keyboard lost 2 buttons again and this going to be 4th keyboard.

Is there anything worthy to upgrade to yet?