Offical Coffee Lake Refresh Upgrade Guide For MS-16L1/L3 (Eurocom Tornado F5) & MS-1T11 Vortex PC

Discussion in 'MSI' started by DaMafiaGamer, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Agreed, it's there to make user experience better and more enjoyable.

2. FrozenLord

FrozenLord Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thank you very much for your time and effort that went into making this.
    I have just installed the MSI GT62VR variant on my Tornado F5 and it was a really simple and smooth process :)
    Now I just have to decide on which CPU to get, as I am still running my 6700K, which seems to be on the awful side of the silicon lottery.
    (It manages 4.2 GHz on all cores in non-AVX conditions with a voltage of only 1.25 V)

Kevin@GenTechPC and DaMafiaGamer like this.
  3. thatwasonce

thatwasonce Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just to be perfectly sure the XOTIC G63 VALKYRIE 1070 is MS_16L3_GT62VR.rom correct ?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  4. thatwasonce

Reputations:
    FrozenLord, Talon and Papusan like this.
  5. SpacemanSpiff46

SpacemanSpiff46 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The old thread:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...de-guide-msi-16l13-eurocom-tornado-f5.821651/

link to the the BIOS is down but I am assuming that even if I wanted to upgrade my F5 to an 8 series CPU that the BIOS in this thread will still work?

Also, the pics in the old thread are also down but can I assume that the pin mod picture is the same between the 8 series thread and this 9 series thread? IE. the kapton cape would go on the locations marked in the pic in this thread on my 8086k?

Thanks!

6. thatwasonce

Reputations:
    Got a secondhand 9600k and here's some results on stock settings prime95 with AVX off (with AVX on it power limits to 95W)

[​IMG]

FrozenLord and Kevin@GenTechPC like this.
  7. FrozenLord

FrozenLord Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey there,

I have recently started to wonder what microcode is actually in this BIOS.
    So in case anyone else is wondering that as well, I would like to share my results :)

You can find the tools I used in this forum: Microcode Modding @ Win-Raid
    After extracting the Microcode file with UEFITool, I had MC Extractor analyze it and got the following information:
    upload_2020-7-16_18-27-33.png

To look up the CPUIDs you can either use a website like CPU-World or consult one of the many Guides Intel provided.
    For example, I have used this one: Intel's Microcode Revision Guide (August 2019)

Cheers

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  8. deathwingbg

deathwingbg Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Great work guys!!! Thank you!!!

I updated the bios several days ago and now have the TF logo :) All great but I miss all the unlocked options in the bios to control the CPU/RAM etc..
    Is it just me or these "advanced" options are not available in this BIOS? The only options to overclock the CPU is ThrottleStop or the XTU?. Before that I was using custom unlocked bios from SVET for 3+ years.
    Just played with my 7700k yesterday … waiting for 9700k and custom water loop.
    The issue is voltages are totally off when set in ThrottleStop. I remember I had this issue before and set the settings directly in BIOS according to Mr. Fox's guide.
    For example I followed one of his TrottleStop guides. Set everything as he suggests. Set Voltage to 1.200 and multi to 49 … runs all benchmarks ok and goes to 1.222V according to TS and HWInfo but then when idle it goes to 1.4V+ and emits a lot of heat.

Edit:
    9700К arrived but it won't boot. I think the pins are properly isolated (check photo). Any suggestions apart from non-working CPU? :)

I installed the MS-16L1_TF_S5.rom
    Should I have installed the MS-16L1_GT62VR.rom

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  9. deathwingbg

deathwingbg Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Ok officially bricked my bios with the MS-16L1_GT62VR.rom :)
    Waiting for CH341 to debug :)
    @DaMafiaGamer please advise which is the correct bios for Tornado F5 and how can I make the 9700k work (eventually these days will test it on a z390 motherboard) :(

10. DaMafiaGamer

DaMafiaGamer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What colour is the motherboard pcb in your tornado f5?

Is it green or black?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020