O&O won't stop updates anymore.

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by SL2, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 nͫٴiͤٴcͫٴeͤ੮Һ૯ ცɿ૭ ૭ค ̷̧̟̭̺͕̜̦̔̏̊̍ͧ͊́̚̕͞ עٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴ

Reputations:
    didn't know this was a thing until you told me

thanks!

Vasudev likes this.
  2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The Beta ended for Spybot Anti-Beacon, last mention said it would be available first week of March, with no public or forum message since then.

IDK if the delay is due to a "surprise" Windows 10 update conflict or what...it could be related to the new problems caused by Windows 10 to O&O as well, with settings reset by Windows 10 randomly. It looks like the new version does static settings, but maybe with these random reset's of settings by Windows 10 they need to develop an active service to watchdog the settings constantly - just a guess.

Successfully Completed: Spybot Anti-Beacon Beta Test
    February 22nd, 2018
    https://www.safer-networking.org/2018/anti-beacon-beta-test-complete/

"The test program is now closed, and the team is fixing a few bugs that were identified. Due to the small number of issues, we are confident that the finished product should be released by the first week of March..."

Here's a view of the new interface from Mid-Jan 2018:

Using Spybot Anti-Beacon (Beta Version)
    Published on Jan 18, 2018

"Hello there Spybot Users!

I'm Rob, from TeamSpybot at Safer-Networking, here today to bring another video in our web series of Tutorials & Instructional Videos.

Today's video will demonstrate how to use the Beta Version of the new Spybot Anti-Beacon!

Spybot Anti-Beacon allows users to decide which Telemetry Data should be sent to Microsoft.

In this video we will demonstrate how to use Anti Beacon and how configure the different levels of Protection that are available.

Stay Safe,
    Keep On Searchin'
    &
    Keep on Destroying!!"

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    6730b likes this.
  3. MobileArtist

MobileArtist Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The interface and features look great. I guess I'll drop them an email and ask when the Beta will become final and public, and what there update policy will be.

Love the fact that the company is in Ireland (a beautiful country), and that the speaker has a lovely Irish accent. Is it true that the head engineer is one of the Little People?

hmscott likes this.
  4. epguy3

epguy3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    better yet, use a combination of WUB (windows update blocker) + WUMT (windows update minitool) by getting the WUMT Wrapper Script pack from either Majorgeeks or Softpedia.

Vasudev likes this.
  5. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I use wumt wrapper as well. Thought wumt and wrapper were same thing

6. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Just a way to easy disable/enable Windows Updates and avoiding unwanted reboots.