O&O ShutUp10 - Do not use Windows 10 without it!

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Phoenix, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOK's = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Use other options!!:rolleyes: More as well.
    Kill it from be there. You play with the Fire:D

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    Vasudev, hmscott and Aroc like this.
  2. Shoutoutjt

Shoutoutjt Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    do you guys know which settings to enable disable to allow windows 10 games such as gears of war 4 to be played? Mine keeps signing me out when I try to play

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Make sure you don't disable the Synchronization Settings. Set these back to RED:
    [​IMG]

hmscott and Aroc like this.
  4. Shoutoutjt

Shoutoutjt Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Sweet thanks Phoenix. I'm gonna disable those later. I actually have everything enabled except "automatic windows updating 1 & 2" which was the one that was blocking me from gettig into gears of war

Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  5. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    @Shoutoutjt
    Most of the internet subjective information I see strongly suggests disabling all of those synchronization's - and to disable the main synchronization enable, as they are there to stop sending all that information to Microsoft.

Unless you want to have those settings enabled to synchronize between Windows devices?

If you only have one Windows 10 machine, there's no need for the synchronization - unless you are wanting to restore to a new build? Am I getting warm? :)

Do you want those on to keep settings between clean installs?

IDK, I am not comfortable with having all those tunings shared with Microsoft. It's not too much trouble for me to set them again on my own.

I can export my browsers state - Firefox, Chrome, Opera, others - independently of each other and Microsoft, which is all I really need.

Otherwise with Windows changing control panels so much I don't think I trust Microsoft to migrate and map dead settings to "new" settings without Microsoft "helping" in the translation - opening up further information data sharing to them.

I'd rather go through all the settings panels again myself anyway to see what's changed since the last time I went through it.

It took me a long time to allow Google syncing for these and other reasons, and I only do it for things that are tighter with the OS, again not my browser or passwords or other personal data.

I'd leave everything disabled that shares information with Microsoft.

Last edited: May 11, 2017