O&O ShutUp10 - Do not use Windows 10 without it!

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Ultra Male, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont waste $$$$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    It's a feature:D
    The whole TRASH is buggy. Both Windoze Crap X, in combination with O&O Shutup10 and Windows Update Killer (WUB).

You can check the "Automatic Windows Updates disabled (2 of 2)" box in O&O Shutup10 if you run Windows Update Killer in <Enabled> mode and same time remove the check box for "Automatic Windows Updates disabled (1 of 2)"... Afterward you can check both boxes without problems. Then will Windows Update Killer automatically switch from Enabled to Disabled. So long... everything work in O&O Shutup (all boxes checked). Aka all is happy:rolleyes:

But once you click Enabled again in Windows update Killer so will the task "Automatic Windows Update disabled (2 of 2)" in O&O shutup screw up and you can't switch it back. Just live with it. Run it as it is + WUB.

upload_2018-12-19_11-14-2.png

Do my task above...
    upload_2018-12-19_11-14-47.png
    upload_2018-12-19_11-16-46.png

Once you run Windows Update Killer click <Enable>. Then disable afterwards... You are back to step one.
    upload_2018-12-19_11-18-42.png
    You should. Never be Micro$hity's or any others UNPAID guinea pig. Not a single reason have it enabled, bruh. Their apps is trash in same way as their patches.

Here we go. The way it has to be... How to use WUB:D For you brother.
    Only “enable if needed” in offline and not connected to internet.
    o_O
    Of course not. Read my post above.
    Exactly!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  2. Woodking

Woodking Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I agree with you Papusan, users just accepting updates are being used as Guinea Pigs by these moron's who've lost their way - and I don't want anyone screwing up the PC and software I bought and paid for with my hard earned cash.

I'm sure with each update they open up yet another way to spy/take over control/or install more junk we don't want or need, and I'm not making it any easier for them. Every time there's an update we have to find a fix for it, or another way to disable whatever sneaky app or adverts they've slipped in....:eek:

Glad I mentioned this now, seems I'm not the only one it bothers!

Papusan, Mr. Fox, 0lok and 1 other person like this.
  3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont waste $$$$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Just be sure you don't run Win update the way Micro$oft want.... http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/windows-10-redstone-5.823238/page-50#post-10836153

4. pete962

pete962 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ha, maybe you guys should check my computer to see how, because Windows update does not work on it at all (I probably disabled it somehow, not sure how). I wanted to update to 1809 and update never worked, so I even downloaded MS program to check and fix the update. It did fix it for one update run and after that Win 10 update again no longer works on it. BTW as far as I know setting internet connection as metered stops the updates from happening (at least they don't show in history) even without O&O Shutup 10, so I use it for everything else, but updates.

5. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Maybe NOT.. [​IMG]

and learn some manners! saying things like "please" come a long way...

6. pete962

pete962 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sorry, but I think you misunderstood my post, I really don't expect or ask anybody to check my computer, it was kind of a joke, that you guys are trying to stop the updates, often in vain and on my computer update simply doesn't work at all and I'm very happy about it, since I do updates manually, so you guys should check my computer, see how and set yours the same way, but again it was just a joke.
    I know you're helping others set up their computers to the point of actually log in to their systems doing actual tinkering and that is absolutely amazing and you have my respect and admiration for that, but I do not ask or require any help of any kind. And, yes if I ever did ask for help, I would do so in proper manner, I hope.
    I hope that clears this up?

7. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    sorry bro, I misunderstood you thinking like you're demanding someone to login to your computer to check it out without even saying please. Please excuse my brain for not understanding.

Cheers bro

jclausius likes this.