O&O ShutUp10 - Do not use Windows 10 without it!

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Phoenix, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    The funny thing is, this is coming from a Microsoft Partner releasing a tool to stop Micro$h4fts spying/hacking of its users. Thanks to Mr. Fox for drawing my attention to that :D

O&O ShutUp10 means you have full control over which comfort functions under Windows 10 you wish to use, and you decide when the passing on of your data goes too far. Using a very simple interface, you decide how Windows 10 should respect your privacy by deciding which unwanted functions should be deactivated.

Download Portable Edition = http://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More control over your operating system
    • Adapt your security settings
    • Protect your privacy
    • Control location services
    • Control Windows Updates
    • Do not pass on your user data and diagnostics
    Further information
    Portable Version – no installation required

Operating System: Windows® Windows 10

O&O ShutUp10 EULA

Important Features at a Glance
    Windows 10 wants to give users the easiest possible daily experience and in doing so very rarely forces you to actually read and confirm a security notice. Unfortunately, this simplified approach from Microsoft means much more data is passed onto them than many users would like.

Microsoft uses most data to display personalized information to you that is aimed at making your computer life easier. As an example, Windows 10 can remind you to set off to the airport 30 minutes earlier due to traffic en route. In order to deliver this information to you, however, Windows 10 has to access your calendar entries, your mails (i.e. the airline confirmation email), your location and it has to have access to the internet to get traffic news.

Some services protocol your entire keyboard entries, share your WLAN access data with your facebook contacts or connect your computer without asking permission to a public – and potentially unprotected – network. While this means that you and your contacts do not have to grapple with complicated WLAN passwords, it also poses a significant security risk.

Decide for yourself how important your “comfort” is when weighed up with your privacy and how to protect it. O&O ShutUp10 presents you with all important settings in one location – you need no previous IT knowledge and there is no need to manually change the Windows 10 system settings.

O&O ShutUp10 is entirely free and does not have to be installed – it can be simply run directly and immediately on your PC. And it will not install or download retrospectively unwanted or unnecessary software, like so many other programs do these days!

powerofviva, Jarhead, afloyd and 7 others like this.
  2. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    O&O ShutUp 10 v1.1.1346 released:

Changelog:

toughasnails likes this.
  3. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    i can warmly recommend this tool to anyone using win10. been utilizing this nifty lil thing since day one on win10 :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Phoenix likes this.
  4. StormJumper

StormJumper Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Problem here is until MS changes their O/S update and fixes this program will be useless again. MS will find a way around O&O and that is a guarantee they will. They just disable it from the Windows Update as usual.

5. TANWare

TANWare Just This Side of Senile, I think. Moderator

Reputations:
    Eventually they may disable the tricks used above their own options. That would stink but by the EULA it is well within their rights. Hopefully they will reverse their ways before then but I doubt it especially as they are trying to soft sell the monitoring they are doing today.

As far as updates, the forced hardware ones just have to go. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

HTWingNut and toughasnails like this.
  6. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    if M$ finds a way to disable O&O then someone else will just find a hack to enable it again :p

toughasnails and Phoenix like this.
  7. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Blah

Reputations:
    Forced driver updates are my biggest qualm about using Widows 10. For a netbook, tablet, thin and light, whatever it's probably fine because usually you don't tune those devices for peak performance, and drivers are rarely updated anyhow. But for desktop and power users, dammit, give us the option. Beyond me why they can't just implement a toggle switch even if buried in settings somewhere "turn off automatic driver updates". Done.

8. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    ummm....wingnut?

[​IMG]

:p

HTWingNut likes this.
  9. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    yeah and that does absolutely nothing. Windows 10 ignores that and the moment you go online it will download all drivers it can find and install them for you, and to make things worse, it will install them all in one shot forgetting the fact that it's best to install one driver then reboot before installing the next. Micro$h4ft thinks it knows best.

10. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    really? doesnt happen in my case though... there was just one case with touchpad drivers where it was still trying to download and install them, but i blocked those manually with that tool M$ offers to hide updates

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk