Nvidia Thread

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Dr. AMK, Jul 4, 2017.

1. ThePerfectStorm

ThePerfectStorm Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    The conclution will always be the same.... Never be the GP. Let all the others play with their own money. More than enough of them out there as you can see. Why be one of them yourself?:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

Ashtrix, Robbo99999 and Dr. AMK like this.
  3. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    RTX 2080 Ti Die Size, Ft. Der8auer (& EVGA XC2 Ultra)
    Gamers Nexus
    Published on Aug 21, 2018
    We took apart the EVGA XC2 Ultra and FTW3 video cards at Gamescom 2018, using the RTX 2080 Ti and RTX 2080 GPUs, respectively.
    Ad: Thermaltake View 37 on Amazon http://geni.us/ttview37gn

Article: https://www.gamersnexus.net/news-pc/3...

This features the new RTX 2080 Ti GPU on the EVGA XC2 Ultra video card, including die shot, die size, and one Mr. Der8auer. The 2080 Ti GPU is sized at ~775mm^2, as we show in this video, and is one of the biggest NV GPUs ever made.

Dr. AMK likes this.
  4. hmscott

Reputations:
    GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2080 & 2070: My Honest Opinion
    Hardware Unboxed

EVGA RTX2080 and RTX2080Ti Hands-On!

eTeknix
    Soon after the official NVIDIA RTX 20XX launch, it was inevitable that AIB partners would be showing off their own custom versions of the cards. With this, we stopped by EVGA on the Caseking booth at Gamescom 2018 to check out the three models that they had on display. The dual fan RTX 2080, FTW3 triple fan RTX 2080 and the dual fan RTX 2080Ti.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    Dr. AMK likes this.
  5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Hey, if I can get a new EVGA 1080Ti SC2 to match the one I already have for like $500-$600 or so, I would jump on that. No need to rush out and pay a stupid price for a new GPU when I can rack up a butt-load of points on HWBOT with 1080Ti SLI. The more desperate they become to sell off obsolete stock left on hand the better off I will be, LOL.

If RTX 2080 Ti turns out to be extra special, I can always do that later on. No need to get in a hurry.

https://amp.tomshardware.com/news/best-nvidia-gpu-deals,37668.html

Dr. AMK likes this.
  6. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I just keep thinking: If performance was really that great over pascal, they'd be flogging that. Not new features.

4K 144Hz is embryonic as is RT. Simply put, Pascal is powerful enough in its current form and this is a release because Nvidia need a hype train to keep their YoY sales up, not because gamers want something newer and better.

Why they have priced it so high then? Because they have no competition obviously, but I think they may have misjudged the hype and desperation amongst the market.

The Ray tracing enabled games will be overly reflective just like everything was when specular lighting and bump maps started being a thing. Think Doom 3... No duct tape or dust on Mars, plenty of polish tho

Dr. AMK and hmscott like this.
  7. hmscott

Reputations:
    GPU Prices Plunge: GTX 1080 Ti Now $526
    by Avram Piltch August 21, 2018 at 8:00 AM
    https://www.tomshardware.com/news/best-nvidia-gpu-deals,37668.html

"The king is dead. Long live the king.

With Nvidia's new RTX 2080 and 2080 Ti due out next month and the RTX 2070 coming in October, the prices on the current-gen 10-series cards are already dropping like a rock. And we expect even more discounts as we move closer to launch.

Zotac has been particularly aggressive with its deals on Amazon. As of this writing, you can get aZotac GTX 1080 Ti card for just $526, reduced from $679. Remember that, just a few weeks ago, you had to pay $850 to $1,000 for GTX 1080 Ti cards.

If you want a GTX 1080, you'll find one for a mere $449 and a GTX 1070 for just $296.

We'll update this page as more deals on Nvidia-powered cards appear.
    [​IMG]
    Zotac GTX 1080 Ti AMP Edition with 11GB
    $526.50 Amazon
    [​IMG]
    Zotac GTX 1080 with 8GB
    US$449 Amazon
    [​IMG]
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini with 8GB
    US$296 Amazon

Dr. AMK likes this.
  8. hmscott

Reputations:
    Note FPS rate in top left corner...to me it doesn't look "better"...

Geforce RTX 2080 Ti: Raytracing-Performance in Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Off-screen-Gameplay)

PC Games Hardware
    Wir haben Shadow of the Tomb Raider mit Raytracing auf einer Geforce RTX 2080 Ti ausprobiert und zeigen im Video die Bilder pro Sekunde bei Full HD und vermutlich in höchster Detailstufe. Wichtig: Es handelt sich hier keinesfalls um eine finale Version von Shadow of the Tomb Raider, die Entwickler haben bereits bestätigt, dass das Spiel zum Release noch ohne Raytracing-Funktionen erscheint. Die Raytraced-Schatten werden per Patch nach Release nachgereicht.

PCGH-Artikel zum Video-Beitrag:
    ▶ Mehr zur 2080: http://www.pcgh.de/aid,1263339

Nvidia GeForce RTX analysis, PC gear at Gamescom, and Q&A | The Full Nerd Ep. 64
    PCWorld
    Streamed live 8 hours ago
    Join The Full Nerd gang as they talk about the latest PC hardware topics. In today's show we dive into all the information from Nvidia's GeForce RTX event including pricing, availability of the 2080 Ti/2080/2070, and the situation with partner cards. Brad will also give us the scoop on all the hot PC gear on the show floor of Gamescom in Cologne, Germany. As always we will be answering your live questions so speak up in the chat.

GeForce RTX analysis: 4:08
    PC Gear at Gamescom: 1:02:32

Check out the audio version of the podcast on iTunes and Google Play so you can listen on the go and be sure to subscribe so you don't miss the latest live episode!

Is NVIDIA Charging TOO MUCH for the RTX Series?
    Joker Productions
    NVIDIA has officially revealed the RTX Series. Here's my thoughts on the specs, pricing, and their competition vs AMD.

Dr. AMK likes this.
  9. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I don't remember Doom 3 being overly reflective. I remember it having some nice bump maps, but it was pretty dark for the most part, which was actually the perfect showcase for the unified lightning and shadowing system when the lights came on. The shadows were all hard-edged stencil shadows, but they were very accurate. Your flashlight and muzzle flashes all cast dynamic shadows, which was insane for the time. The game from that era which I remember being overly reflective was Half-Life 2.

10. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK Living with Hope

Reputations: