Nvidia Thread

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Dr. AMK, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    And how low prices must be put to be able to sell all those million cards? + miners card will flooding the market. This will hurt as well:) Low sales or and low prices won’t make a huge of bucks. Release new cards within ok timeline or wait it out (wait longest possible)... This is more like a choice between pest or cholera.

2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The NVIDIA 11 Series Just A Rebrand - Say What? (another rumor)
    Tech of Tomorrow
    Published on Jul 7, 2018
    Is The NVIDIA 11 Series Just A Rebrand - Say What?

11xx as a refresh, and Nvidia's business sense
    Submitted 3 days ago by Afrikan_J4ck4L
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/8w520e/11xx_as_a_refresh_and_nvidias_business_sense/

"An interesting theory I encountered involves the rebranding of 10xx series cards as the new 11xx series.

This will involve shifting cards down a tier. Eg: 1080 - > 1170. But this will allow NV to supply market demand for "new" hardware while also depleting dated stockpiles without marking down the apparent masses of old stock around.

This has the added benefit of allowing time for the development of a proper 7nm chipset... The "GTX 20xx" series, for instance.

My question here is, is there anything that would prevent NV from doing something like this?"

jaykresge 3 days ago
    "This will involve shifting cards down a tier. Eg: 1080 - > 1170.

This is what Nvidia did with Kepler from the 600-->700 series, just adding one new chip on top for the 780/Ti. It's also what AMD tries to do every generation. They haven't had a cohesive single design covering a full series since the HD7000 series.

My question here is, is there anything that would prevent NV from doing something like this?

Competition from AMD. Basically, only Nvidia can stop themselves from doing that, and I'd hope they wouldn't. Even if the 11 series is short lived due to rapid availability of 7nm, I'd still want a proper 11 series and not a refresh."

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    Papusan likes this.
  3. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    If they do that then which card is gonna be the new top dog, e.g. 1180 ti? Isn't the Titan Xp (3840 cuda cores) as big as they can make a Pascal GPU unless they create a new chip? Titan Xp: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/nvidia_star_wars_titan_xp_collector_edition_review,6.html

hmscott likes this.
  4. hmscott

Reputations:
    The 1180ti would be the only "new card" There was another "leak":

Nvidia Next-gen PCB Prototype leaked?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/8txjuc/nvidia_nextgen_pcb_prototype_leaked/

ImSpartacus811
    "This looks like the "big Turing" GPU that would go into the 1180 Ti or new Titan.
    • It has 12GB of GDDR6 for 672 GB/s of peak bandwidth.
    • Genuinely looks like a prototype board.
      • It has 3 8-pin power connectors (very odd, 2 is more likely in the final board).
      • Those little fans are loud as hell and certainly temporary.
      • Lots of little headers for connecting testing equipment.
    EDIT: Beyond3D did some estimation and is getting 672mm2 on that die. That's 42% bigger than GP102, which is roughly in line with expectations.

Also, since OP took his post down, the original picture can be found on videocardz."

From the other thread:

tioga064
    "They could basically rebrand the 1080 ti as 1180, 1080 as 1170 and 1070 as 1160 and release only one new card, gv102 based flagship as 1180 ti (^^the big gpu prototype leaked on reddit daya ago^^) to harvest dies that couldnt make it to titan V. It would be a short lived gen anyways since 7nm is close."
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/8w520e/11xx_as_a_refresh_and_nvidias_business_sense/

Following through to another thread:

dylan522p
    "Also definitely 12nm based on that die size :( Dreams crushed"

ImSpartacus811
    "At dusk, we'll be holding a vigil for Dylan's 7nm 1100 series aspirations. All are welcome."

Yahvav
    "Nah, it’s just 7380 cores /s"

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/com..._being_tested_im_a_software_guy_what/e1b042d/

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    Dr. AMK and Robbo99999 like this.
  5. hmscott

Reputations:
    Worst Graphics Card Ever! GeForce GT 1030, the DDR4 Scam Benchmarked
    Hardware Unboxed
    Published on Jul 9, 2018

Dr. AMK and Eclipse251 like this.
  6. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK The Strategist

Reputations:

Papusan and hmscott like this.
  7. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    A rebrand would be so bad for the industry. The upcoming game generation needs more gpu muscle and a rebrand would at least postpone a real follow up for a year.

hmscott likes this.
  8. hmscott

Reputations:
    I gotta say, I'm with these guys on this channel's output lately:

Mr AMD 14 minutes ago
    "Dude, pull the plug out of your channel.... you live by clickbating and i know your source.... Wccftech..... you should do yourself a pleasure, and stop making new vids. Youre an disgrace for journalism, be gone TROLL"

D Johnson 17 minutes ago
    "Please youtube algorithm stop suggesting me videos of a guys who makes videos debunking his debukned videos. I don't know how else to ask"

Micaela 3 hours ago (edited)
    "I do not enjoy disliking videos, the 1% chance I do it is deserved, and you have earned it. The clickbait needs to stop, there is no exact release date. Until the source is directly from nvidia themselves don't waste our time, end of story."

Michael Brasington 4 hours ago (edited)
    "first makes ridiculous "CONFIRMED RELEASE DATE" claim, then 3-days later retracts the claim"

signfang 6 hours ago
    "I've watched a lot of your videos. Your video editing skill is fantastic but honestly your clickbait level is just unreal. Youtube ad money is good and all, still, this is unbearable."

...lots more... check out the "fabled yummy fudge" comment...

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    Dr. AMK likes this.
  9. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK The Strategist

Reputations:
    GTC Europe 2018 - Teaser: Alumni

GTC Europe 2018 - Teaser: Automotive

GTC Europe 2018 - Teaser: Autonomous Machines

10. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $ on FILTHY

Reputations: