Nvidia Thread

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Dr. AMK, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK Living with Hope

Reputations:
    RSNA 2020: NVIDIA Special Address

Papusan likes this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Ryzen 5000, RTX 30-series and Radeon 6000 shortages hit system builders too pcworld.com | Today

System vendors struggle to find components just like we do.

2021: More of the same
    Unfortunately, even if AMD and Nvidia are able to ramp up production, the shortages we're experiencing now are likely to persist through the beginning of the year.

Far worse, however, may be price increases. Remember, vendors are already paying above MSRP to get graphics cards. Add the shipping costs for containers and consider that the limited air freight options are likely to get far worse as vaccine air shipments begin to compete—and you’re looking at potentially $100 to $150 in the increased price of a PC early next year.

AMD Radeon RX 6000 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 supply not to improve until February? videocardz.de | Today

According to the report, NVIDIA and AMD may have trouble keeping up with the demand for its new graphics cards till at least February. While AMD has not made any public statements in regard to their supply situation, NVIDIA has repeatedly confirmed that global shortages of wafers, substrate, and components are affecting the availability of the Ampere graphics cards.

$340,000 worth of MSI's Nvidia RTX 3090s Stolen in China tomshardware.com | Today

Someone's desperate for RTX 3090s
    In a sad turn of fate, 40 cargo boxes of RTX 3090's were stolen from MSI's factory in China this morning, amounting to $336,500 worth of stolen graphics cards. MSI has notified the police regarding the matter and posted a reward of 100,000 Yuan ($15k) for anyone who has useful information regarding the RTX 3090 cargo boxes' whereabouts.

Edit.

GPU Shortages Hit Nvidia's Data Center Business: Not Enough $15,000+ GPUs tomshardware.com

Demand for the latest consumer-grade graphics cards from AMD and Nvidia exceeds supply so badly that the scalping business now thrives more than ever. But gamers aren't the only customers who want to buy the latest GPUs. Apparently demand for Nvidia's A100 among data centers, scientists, and the HPC community is so high that it will take several months for the company to catch up, its VP recently admitted.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  3. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK Living with Hope

Reputations:
    MSI Gets Hit By Theft, 2.2 Million Yuan Worth of MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Graphics Cards Stolen
    by Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 12/08/2020 09:05 AM | source: | 56 comment(s)
    [​IMG]

As if the GeForce RTX 3090 was not in tight supply already. MSI has seen some awful news as 2.2 Million Yuan Worth of MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Graphics cards have been stolen from the China Factory.

It's a big heist when you think about it. No less than 40 cargo units holding NVIDIA’s flagship GeForce RTX 3090 graphics cards have been stolen from the MSI factory in China, which hints towards an inside job. The cards are worth 2.2 Million Yuan, which is roughly $336,500 in US dollars. MSI however is still investigating the exact numbers and quantities.

Earlier on, a tweet was posted about this theft; you can see the screenshot below. Some have stated the news to be fake. Guru3D, however, has spoken with MSI, who confirms the theft. A police report has been filed, and a reward of 100K Yuan (12.5k EUR) has been issued for the person who can provide useful information leading to catching the thieves.

etern4l and Papusan like this.
  4. Papusan

Reputations:
    Nvidia excludes reviewers who do not focus on ray tracing sweclockers.com | Today

Hardware Unboxed does not receive new test copies of Nvidia's Founders Edition cards as they do not focus enough on ray tracing.
    [​IMG]

Technology reviewers who are going to put new graphics cards to the test thus need to evaluate performance partly in traditional rasterization, and partly when lighting and shadows are handled with ray tracing . It seems that Nvidia does not appreciate reviewers who do not focus enough on ray tracing, as the Youtube channel Hardware Unboxed announces that they have been excluded from testing Nvidia's self-molded graphics card Founders Edition.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    We have reached a point that nobody should believe anything they see or hear that they cannot verify personally because lying, manipulation, distortion of fact to fit an agenda, etc. is more than common. It is the new normal. I now take the position that everything is treated as a lie or fabrication until I can confirm it. If I can't confirm it then it's still treated as a lie and ignored. Network television, cable, Google, Bing, social media platforms (YouTube, Facepoot and Twatter) are all part of the machine that deliberately misinforms, censors, fabricates. The Orwellian aspects of life in the 21st Century are chilling. And, those that call them out on their bullcrap are haters and racists. They absolutely do not have anything but their own agenda in mind. NVIDIA is no different. Neither is Intel or AMD. They are all going to tell us to believe what is in their best interests for us to believe. Hardware Unboxed isn't kissing their butt, so they're not eligible to be part of the machine. They don't have to worry about going to jail for not drinking the Kool-Aid yet, but they should watch their back. Their channel might get canceled by the YouTube Nazis if NVIDIA offers a large enough bribe.

6. tilleroftheearth

tilleroftheearth Wisdom listens quietly...

Reputations:
    Nothing surprising here. Anything that is lauded as 'Aaaaaawesome' on online rags/videos isn't (usually) worth the time spent to read/watch it.

I don't buy on how many 'likes', 'thumbs up', 'reviews' or other spam is attached to a product.

Buy, test against what I have, and if it exceeds it in my use cases, keep. No so-called reviews needed (and certainly only a few that were helpful, at least in/by their unbiased conclusions).

7. Papusan

Reputations:
    Nvidia's email to Hardware Unboxed: "You do not share the industry's view of ray tracing" sweclockers.com

Hi Steve.

We've reached a critical juncture in the adoption of ray tracing, and it has gained industry wide support from top titles, developers, game engines, APIs, consoles and GPUs. As you know, Nvidia is all in for ray tracing. RT is important and core to the future of gaming and it's also one of our focused R&D efforts on revolutionizing videogames and creating a better experience for gamers.

This philosophy is also reflected in developing technologies such as DLSS, Reflex and Broadcast, that offer immense value to customers who are purchasing a GPU. They do not get free GPUs, they work hard for their money and they keep their GPUs for multiple years.

Despite all this progress, your GPU reviews and recommendations have continued to focus singularly on rasterization performance and you have largely discounted all of the other technologies we offer gamers.

It is very clear from your community commentary that you do not see things in the way we, gamers and the rest of the industry do. Our Founders Edition boards and other Nvidia products are being allocated to other media outlets, that recognize the changing landscape of gaming and the features that are important to gamers and anyone buying a GPU today - be it for gaming, content creation or studio and stream.

Hardware Unboxed should continue to work with our add-in card partners to secure GPUs for review. Of course, you will still have access to obtain pre-released drivers and press materials. That will not change. We are open to revisiting this in the future, should your editorial direction change.

Brian Del Rizzo, Director of Global PR Geforce.

-------------------------------------------------------------

AIDA64 Adds Support For RTX 3080 Ti, RTX 3060, RTX 3050 tomshardware.com

Exposing Nvidia's unreleased Ampere

Nothing for 3080 Mobile. I wonder what they are cooking up for that sku.
    [​IMG]

Mr. Fox, Donald@zTecpc and etern4l like this.
  8. tilleroftheearth

tilleroftheearth Wisdom listens quietly...

Reputations:
    What I read:

"Hi, Steve.

If you don't play our game with our rules, you're not invited. Right now, you're a bug on the windshield that needs to be sprayed off. Kiss some #$# and you'll be allowed to parrot all the others in the future."

I don't know Steve, but Nvidia is as clear as a bell. I too, hold up my finger at Nvidia along with him.

9. Papusan

Reputations:
    If Nvidia can't handle the truth they should stop push out review samples. No hardware manufacturers should determine what reviewers should say in their reviews of the products. Have seen all too much idiocy when I have read reviews of etc Junkbooks. Paid or not, its obviously that some have got guidelines pushed down their throats of what to say. Disgusting!

10. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Beautiful.

I'm going to take a different tack and say: kudos to Nvidia for telling it like it is in an email. :D They must have expected this to be published! I'm optimistically assuming it's not all fake news of course.. ;)

I tend to be suspicious of any reviews where the product was provided by the manufacturer, especially a prominent one. Even if no explicit sponsorship arrangement is in place, this indirectly incentivises the reviewer to bias the resulting content in favour of the supplier.

Mr. Fox and Papusan like this.