Nvidia Thread

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by The Strategist, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Milking on Turing and call it “Super” (remember Nvidia milked on Kepler - 880m ?) before they push out is it 7nm from Samsung middle 2020?

TBoneSan, The Strategist and Mr. Fox like this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Yes, it's a different level of getting screwed when you take your best customers that purposefully purchased what should be the flagship product for the duration of the product generation and bend them over and pop them in the posterior orifice. This is going to bite them real bad if they go through with it. There's no room for 2060, 2070 or 2080 owners to complain because they intentionally did not buy a flagship product. They opted to save a few bucks for something less, and they did that on purpose. But, 2080 Ti customers can and should expect to be king of the hill until next generation products are released, and they did that on purpose. Totally not cool and definitely a disrespectful act of betrayal. What goes around comes around, and that level of disrespect is deserving of the same treatment in return.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  3. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yeah, and even the 600 series to 700 series on Kepler, that was the same generation, just a few more cores and higher clocks, gotta wait till a proper new generation to get proper performance increases - well at least if your name is not Turing!

Rei Fukai and The Strategist like this.
  4. Talon

Talon Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Doom Eternal now added to the list. The RTX support continues to grow and bodes well for future RTX GPUs and ray tracing support in general. Eventually it will be odd to not have it in your game. Sort of an expected requirement moving forward.

I’m indifferent about the “super” GPU. It’s an incremental upgrade to beat out Navi and reassert dominance. While I also find it annoying they are replacing a generational Ti with another super duper Ti I am happy with my card. I will be waiting for their 7nm chips next year most likely.

Edit: The 2080 Ti “super” hasn't been co formed yet. Some reports still suggesting only 2060,2070, and 2090 getting the super injection.

Not saying it won’t happen either as I think we all still remember the Titan XP and Titan Xp. I’m sure those guys were not Super happy either.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  5. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    These look like awesome G-sync monitors:
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/LG-la...monitors-with-1ms-response-rate.423798.0.html

Awesome because they're 1ms IPS monitors, and IPS are pretty much always 5ms response time, so having them able to reduce down to 1ms monitors on IPS means no smearing at high refresh rates whilst still having the lovely contrast & colours typical of an IPS monitor vs the normally poor contrast ratios of the usual high refresh rate TN panels we see. Sounds like these would be on par with TN panels for motion clarity then at high refresh rate - I like the sound of these!

The Strategist and Talon like this.
  6. The Strategist

The Strategist Living with Hope

Reputations:
    Unlocking Scientific Insights with GPU Acceleration

Papusan likes this.
  7. The Strategist

Reputations:
    Volvo Group Selects NVIDIA to Transform Trucking

Papusan likes this.
  8. The Strategist

Reputations:
    RTX Super Prices Leak, PCIe 6.0?!

Mr. Fox likes this.
  9. sniffin

sniffin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The Titan RTX is king of the hill. Shoulda ponied up the extra $1300 if you wanted that title. ;)

hmscott likes this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Well, there is a limit to my stupidity when it comes to money. (Yes, I am only partially stupid with money and computers.) And, my previous modded 1080 Ti and currently modded 2080 Ti are spanking the Titans in benchmarks. The only ones that are beating me (by a relatively narrow margin) are running sub-zero temperatures on LN2, so their "kingdom" is mostly hypothetical. But, results aside, they are definitely the king of overpriced GPUs. They are really better suited for business applications rather than overclocking enthusiasts. There is little or nothing to be gained in buying one for my purposes.