Nvidia Thread

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Dr. AMK, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK The Strategist

Reputations:
  2. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Yeah, Nvidia will continue make even more $$$ in 2018 AMD All But Relinquishes High-End Desktop Graphics In 2018

A Gaping Hole In AMD’s 2018 Graphics Roadmap

It’s public knowledge at this point that NVIDIA plans to introduce a new lineup of gaming GeForce graphics cards based on its brand new Volta architecture this year. Unlike its competitor, NVIDIA has been following a strict yearly product roadmap since the beginning of the decade.

Like clockwork, every year since the introduction of Kepler in 2012, NVIDIA would deliver a high-end desktop graphics product that surpasses what precedes it.​

On the other hand, AMD’s Radeon product cycle has seen far less consistency and as a result we’ve seen the company and its fans genuinely suffer at times.

AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 and Vega 56 Left To Fend For Themselves Against NVIDIA’s Volta In 2018
    If we’ve learned one thing from AMD’s recently published 2018 graphics roadmap is that there’s going to be another product gap this year and we could perhaps be on track to see a repeat of 2014.

According to AMD’s most recently published graphics roadmap, 2018 is going to see a continuation of existing Vega 64 and Vega 56 graphics cards, with no new addition to the high-end desktop. Vega, which hasn’t been able to compete with NVIDIA’s GP102 based products like the GTX 1080 Ti, continues to be in short supply to date. What makes overall matters worse is that it will have to compete with a brand new roster of Volta products later this year.

Vasudev and Dr. AMK like this.
  3. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Kind of cementing my idea that my next overhaul will be Ryzen+Volta. I'm pretty happy with what Ryzen has brought to the table, but until AMD brings something that hits the TIs harder, that's my segment and I don't see anything coming for that level any time soon.

Vasudev likes this.
  4. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    One thing they can do is change their Shader/Core functionality just like nvidia has. Now, AMD focuses on gaming and mining setup for their GPUs. Maybe they need to focus on gaming part and somewhat less focus on mining.
    This is my opinion.

5. Tanner@XoticPC

Reputations:
    Or make separate cards for both. Market one for mining and one for gaming, then the miners will buy theirs and there will be plenty of availability for the gaming one.

alexhawker and Vasudev like this.
  6. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I thought of writing it but I didn't.
    Maybe they need a software based switch to optimise workloads for gaming or compute just like Vega FE. It will be a instant hit.

7. Tanner@XoticPC

Reputations:
    I figured if they made them distinct products, then the gaming ones would stay available and priced sanely. That alone would be pretty good.

Vasudev likes this.
  8. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Fair enough. All components in India are very expensive so if they get the pricing correct then its a sweet deal. Of course, AMD must perform two steps ahead of green team if they want to succeed.

Dr. AMK likes this.
  9. Tanner@XoticPC

Reputations:
    Didn't realize you were in India. With trade protection stuff over there, you definitely want to keep the initial cost down as much as possible.

Dr. AMK and Vasudev like this.
  10. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yeah. Forcing us never to buy computers again. Too much expensive.

Dr. AMK likes this.