Nvidia Quadro K3100M/K4100M/K5100M overclocking vBIOS mod

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by valuxin, Nov 17, 2015.

1. debianik

debianik Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    hmscott likes this.
  2. valuxin

valuxin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Do you still need modified vBIOS for K5000M?:) And what exactly is throttling: CPU or GPU?

3. valuxin

valuxin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  4. debianik

debianik Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    At this moment I don't have that card but maybe I need in future vbios with lower voltage

And all problems with OC k5000m gone (probably) afer reset bios/ec or reflashing both. It's OC like crazy but need lower voltage to lower temperature ;)

maybe some 2-3 vbios with lower voltage that unlocked have in default

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  5. tbhuy2311

tbhuy2311 Newbie

Reputations:
  6. Hellsik

Hellsik Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hello,
    Did someone test K3100m in M6600? I found card on ebay and seller comfirm, that it works.

7. AndyM6800

AndyM6800 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,
    I installed the v1.2 1202MHz bios into my Dell M6800 (K3100m) at the end of January. Everything worked perfectly, GPU temps never really got above 65deg, even when playing Fallout 4 on ultra settings.
    At the weekend the GPU died while playing! Luckily still under warranty, and I was still able to reflash the original bios back into it before the repair guy replaced my card. *Laptop always raised on lego bricks or docking station to aid cooling.
    On examining the faulty card, we could see the ram chips had been "sweating" due to high temperatures.
    I decided to go for the lower 1124MHz version of the bios in the new card but have now run into the same problem as tbhuy2311 - Error code 43 with the new bios.
    I've download his standard bios that he provided the link to and compared to mine, identical.
    I did read somewhere that they changed the RAM on these boards after a certain manufacture date and that this might have something to do with the error (can't find the page now)?
    I can edit my stock rom in KeplerBiosTweaker1.27 and it installs ok.
    I've since tried duplicating your 1124MHz bios settings in KeplerBiosTweaker using my own stock rom. The only part I cant' get to match are the boost tables.
    On the Mighty Q boost table, moving the Max Table Clock slider adjusts clocks 11-31. 11-30 yellow. 2, 13 & 31 green
    On my stock Rom, moving the slider adjust clocks 11-20, 11-19 yellow. 2, 13 & 20 green. Clocks 21-31 have frequencies in them but they're white and to don't change. I'm assuming this will cause a mismatch with the voltage table data.
    Anyway, sticking with the stock rom for now (with Nvidia inspectors +135MHz and ram at 2400MHz) until I hear more.
    Appreciate any help or advice on this.

8. James J.V

James J.V Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks mate,

I am running more tests on my K5100M now on my i7 3940XM with a workstation and will let you know.

Installation is very straight, not any small issue comes up.

Currently my new OC specs are:

Clock: 993Mhz vs. original 771mhz
    Data rate: 4200Mhz vs. 3600Mhz
    Bandwidth: 134.4 GB vs. 115.2Gb

Looks very good though.

My total GPU memory was 24GB and not change after OC. I think it supposes to be like that, right?

Now i have to find which software to run the best: 3Dmark 11, NovaBench... which one you recommend?

9. James J.V

James J.V Newbie

Reputations:
    Quick report on K5100M.

Running very well under stressing test with NovaBench test.

My original K5100M point was 655 at 21st ranking in NovaBench database of all best GPUs.

Now it is 807 point at 10th ranking in their all best GPUs database, others above are all Desktop GPU

And the temperature is not changing much that i can see visibly like 10% or so.

Will keep doing more tests for you. Great job so far.

10. James J.V

James J.V Newbie

Reputations:
    Run K5100M with 3DMark 11 Extreme/Advance test found error, although it says bad error, the laptop still works fine without any hang up. By the way, i found that 3DMark 11 is famous for Unknown error because their database seems quite not flexible for upgrades/OverClocking things. They only accept standard/or white list from manufacturers to run the tests smoothly.

"Workload work failed with error message: eva::d3d11::rendering::scene_renderer::render(): draw_depth_task for thread 0: File: device_context.cpp
    Line: 515
    Function: struct ID3D11CommandList *__cdecl eva::d3d11::deferred_device_context::do_finish_command_list(bool)

Expression: native()->FinishCommandList( restore_deferred_context_state, &result): DX11 call failed.

Device hung due to badly formed commands.
    DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: ID3D11DeviceContext::FinishCommandList:"