Nvidia Quadro K3100M/K4100M/K5100M overclocking vBIOS mod

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by valuxin, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Robert W Wilcoxson

Robert W Wilcoxson Newbie

Reputations:
    Pretty cool work you did on these cards @valuxin. I picked up a Dell m6800 with m6100 card and switched the AMD card and heatsink for Nvidia heatsink and k4100m. Ddu'd the amd drivers and installed Nvidia drivers without any issues.

After flashing the 1072 bios I couldn't get any games to load prior to ddu'ing the Nvidia drivers and reinstalling them again.

Only issue I'm having is with temps. Will go to +100°c under full load. I think I used .5mm thermal pads on the memory etc. And the thermal grease on chip itself may have been a bit old and a little dry.

Anybody have a picture of what components need what thickness of thermal pad because I think I need to take it apart and reapply thermal paste? May as well redo the cpu as well. Any other suggestions on cooler temps are welcome.

2. Barbadadost

Barbadadost Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys
    I have read all posts but i am not really shure how to ovreclock my k5100m in my HP Zbook 17 G2 with i7 4910mq and 15 gb gb ?

Any ideas?

I just want play Fallout 4 fluently for now :)

3. nkar

nkar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I try to overclock a DELL 7510 win an m2000m card
    I can overclock the frequency +135 (runs fine) but I can not overclock the memory

I think (at least memory) is BIOS locked.
    Is there a way to have an unlocked Memory - GPU freq BIOS for DELL M2000M and increase it with software?
    I would not be so confident to flash with specific overclock frequencies.

Any help?
    Thanks

4. mirage_bg

mirage_bg Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Try with Maxwell Vbios tweaker.

5. nkar

nkar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Using the Nvidia inspector I saw that also undervolting -106.3mV more than doubled the Unigine Valley score from:
    21.7 (only +135Mhz GPU from 1137--> 1272 Mhz)
    to
    49,4 !!! (1272 GPU plus -106.3mVolt undervolt)
    I guess the laptop hitted a power limit without the undervolt

The 1272 was easily obtainable without undervolt from the chip , so I guess the GPU frequency can be increased much more
    with the undervolt

(I was not able to touch the memory frequency yet)

Any way to increase the total power limit without BIOS modding? (maybe I gain more fps from this)

6. TheQuentincc

TheQuentincc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What does GPU-Z say about perfcap reason in the sensors tab when you are in game with and without undervolt ?

7. nkar

nkar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    When I do not overclock the Perfcap says none .
    When I overclock with NVIDIA Inspector +135Mhz -100mV I see many times as reason to "Pwr"

1) So I guess that if somehow I increase the Pwr limit I will get more speed
    Also If I manage to undervolt more than -100mV I will have the same result?

Also I see Max memory controller load =56%
    Max GPU load = 100%
    2) Does this mean that I should not chase memory overclock since their is 100-56=44% more bandwidth available? (memory overclock does not work anyway)

Edit :
    It seems that the -100mV is reset 0mV when I start to run the bench.....
    So I guess I have to do something for this also....
    MAybe change the version of the drivers?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  8. TheQuentincc

TheQuentincc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If your clocks and GPU utilization doesn't decrease when you are in Perfcap "Pwr" then you don't need to increase the TDP.
    As for memory frequency, I don't think the 750Ti require a lot of memory bandwidth, it's a pretty small GPU which isn't very powerfull.
    Version of the drivers will change nothing, unless there is a "special" drivers (mostly not well finished by nvidia) that allow some tricks to happen, but I'm not aware of such drivers :)
    Try to open your vbios in maxwell bios tweaker and see if you can decrease voltage or increase TDP or unlock clocks, I'm not aware on how to do it on laptop.

9. adiif1

adiif1 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey,someone would like to prepare bios for dell m4800 from k2100m? depending on the voltage change option (- offset because I can only increase)
    https://easyupload.io/wc7594
    thanx :)

10. hJoss

hJoss Newbie

Reputations:
    is there anyone around, i need a few pointers, i did used the k3100m @1124 and it performed amazingly for 1 session, then i turned off my laptop and when i went back to it for a quick play it was lagging BAD, i check on msi afterburner and memory clock tops at 800mmhz but on gpu-z it still shows as 1300mhz, and the performance its even worst than when it was back on stock bios :(:(:(