Nvidia Quadro K3100M/K4100M/K5100M overclocking vBIOS mod

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by valuxin, Nov 17, 2015.

1. TheQuentincc

TheQuentincc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    He is right, kepler is not good for laptop either first or second gen, maxwell is sooo much better, I upgraded my M6700 to GTX970M and it was a lot better than my K4000M overclocked
    In case there is already a modded vbios for Dell K4000M that unlock overclocking (not on this forum), I managed to run mine up to 950~980MHz on the core and a giant overclocking on the memory to 4~4.1GHz instead of the 2.8GHz (which give me around the same performance increase as overclocking the core), if I remember correctly it also disable the "low power" on battery

Edit : also you are able to unlock overclocking on pascal card ? or increase the boost frequency ? today I will try some of rom file I modded for my P4000 (because it is locked at a very low frequency)

2. Tay Caldwell

Tay Caldwell Newbie

Reputations:
    agreed, I found similar findings with inspector and the K3000M. I will use it to check the 4000 and report the findings to any appropriate thread. I will also look into the 900 series and Maxwell cards Thanks for your time. -T.

3. pseudodeed

pseudodeed Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello can anybody help me please to unlock OC on M4000M? And increase the powertarget to 120W?
    Please?

Attached Files:

4. dslfreaK

dslfreaK Newbie

Reputations:
    I know this is an old thread so I might not get a response, but I want to push my quadro k3100 in my HP to it's limits, the modded bios files that have been created don't include an HP variant and I'm wondering if I just take the values of modded bios and manually enter them into the bios I extracted from the board, will I run into problems, is there something more than this?

5. valuxin

valuxin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You're welcome.

Attached Files:

6. valuxin

valuxin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If you are running K3100M on Zbook G1 or G2 - bad news, it's impossible to use vBIOS mods, coz the system BIOS of G1 and G2 have K3100M vBIOS stored inside itself.

7. enerik

enerik Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello Valuxin ,

great job with the overclocked nvidia k3100m .
    I followed the tutorial but i had a problem .
    As stated in the tutorial i tried to do an original vBios backup .
    When i tried to do that i didnt work , the error was that the bios was not the correct format.
    Anyway i continued with the flash .
    I tried all the vBios versions, it installed with no problem .
    When i did a restart it gave me all sort of problems .
    When i go to Device manager it shows me ERROR 43 and i cant get the driver installed .
    I tried to do a fresh driver install but no success.

my machine:

DELL M6800
    Intel Core i7-4810MQ
    Nvidea Quadro K3100M
    32 Gb Ram
    256 SSD
    500 HDD

Can you give any suggestion what may be going wrong?

Cheers
    Enerik

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  8. hertzian56

hertzian56 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    In case anyone needs it here's an unlocked vbios by the techinferno guy slv7 I think, works fine for my dell k4000m no problems. I don't know about voltage, that's not an option for me in msi but I was just going with +390 core and +720 memory on msiaf which I've read around, results in 4644 firestrike. Never had any stability problems in a couple months. I got this from some other generous person in the techinferno forums that attached it to a post, bc that site has ridiculous requirements for downloading files privileges. It would be nice if the OP would have done k5100m vbios too though in case of people upgrading now.

Attached Files:

9. er557

er557 Newbie

Reputations:
    @valuxin :
    i read you said zbook 17 g1 has all supported gpus in system bios, however i suppose it's still upgradeable to a supported gpu, preferably from dell for best compatibility? i got k610m mxm a and want to drop there a dell k4100m mxm3b, with the heatsink part as well, they are supposed to be supported as i see in the manual? thanks for the mod though..

10. Maelle

Maelle Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, i hope this thread is not to old .
    First big THX to valuxin.
    I used some files in the last years with K3100M and K4100M cards in different Notebooks like MSI and Clevo/XMG
    Last year i flashed the MSi V1.0 vbios on a Dell K4100M card and used it in a MSI GT70 ONC(MS 1762) - also in a Medion erazer X7821- works fine and perfect results.
    So i bought another Dell MSi K4100M card this year for a friends notebook.
    What i didnt knew was that it is a special Version of the MSI GT70 named MSI GT70 20LWS
    https://www.msi.com/Workstation/support/GT70-2OL-Workstation.html
    Theoretic perfect for use because it came with a K4100M from MSI. (but actually there was a GTX870m in use)
    So Problem is: I can use the Dell K4100m with the original MSI Bios found on their site(last files on firmware/service site)
    https://www.msi.com/Workstation/support/GT70-2OL-Workstation.html#down-firmware
    But i cannot use the MSi K4100M OC files here in the download- So i can flash it and card will be found under Windows and works BUT it has a less performance as with the original Vbios from MSi site!? even on 1006 MHZ or higher
    Something will not fit and work with the Notebook bios. ...
    So can someone help me?-
    I used the KeplerBiosTweaker and updated some vbios datas(raised the Mhz to 1006 etc but Problem is with the Boost table- if i increase it to 1006 Mhz it only goes to step 20 and not 31 anymore.
    So i have to change the powertable steps also.
    Could someone check my changed OC Bios with Voltage table and matching boost steps- i will not burn down the chip because of wrong voltages...

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020