Nvidia Quadro K3100M/K4100M/K5100M overclocking vBIOS mod

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by valuxin, Nov 17, 2015.

1. TheQuentincc

TheQuentincc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    He is right, kepler is not good for laptop either first or second gen, maxwell is sooo much better, I upgraded my M6700 to GTX970M and it was a lot better than my K4000M overclocked
    In case there is already a modded vbios for Dell K4000M that unlock overclocking (not on this forum), I managed to run mine up to 950~980MHz on the core and a giant overclocking on the memory to 4~4.1GHz instead of the 2.8GHz (which give me around the same performance increase as overclocking the core), if I remember correctly it also disable the "low power" on battery

Edit : also you are able to unlock overclocking on pascal card ? or increase the boost frequency ? today I will try some of rom file I modded for my P4000 (because it is locked at a very low frequency)

2. Tay Caldwell

Tay Caldwell Newbie

Reputations:
    agreed, I found similar findings with inspector and the K3000M. I will use it to check the 4000 and report the findings to any appropriate thread. I will also look into the 900 series and Maxwell cards Thanks for your time. -T.

3. pseudodeed

pseudodeed Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello can anybody help me please to unlock OC on M4000M? And increase the powertarget to 120W?
    Please?

Attached Files:

4. dslfreaK

dslfreaK Newbie

Reputations:
    I know this is an old thread so I might not get a response, but I want to push my quadro k3100 in my HP to it's limits, the modded bios files that have been created don't include an HP variant and I'm wondering if I just take the values of modded bios and manually enter them into the bios I extracted from the board, will I run into problems, is there something more than this?

5. valuxin

valuxin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You're welcome.

Attached Files:

6. valuxin

valuxin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If you are running K3100M on Zbook G1 or G2 - bad news, it's impossible to use vBIOS mods, coz the system BIOS of G1 and G2 have K3100M vBIOS stored inside itself.