Nvidia Quadro K3100M/K4100M/K5100M overclocking vBIOS mod

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by valuxin, Nov 17, 2015.

1. mzoritz

mzoritz Newbie

Reputations:
    hey guys,

i had bought a K4100m for my Dell M6600. I had installed it, but it works not correct. After that i had flashed the vbios in DOS Mode withe a file from valuxin.

nvflash said: Subsystem ID is not correct

Card ID: 10DE 11B7 - 1028 14A4
    VBios: 10DE 11B7 - 1018 15CD

I had flashed without a backup and this was my big mistake. Now i can't boot any system. Windows 7, Windows 10 from HDD or Linux Mint from CD... nothing will work. It comes only a black screen.

Flashing is possible in DOS, but i can't found a correct vbios.
    Can anybody help?

I hope everybody can understand my bad english.
    Thanks for help :)

Update: I looked @ a picture from first flashing. I buyed the card with this
    ID's 0000 0000 103C 197A.

When i flash a HP VBios my external monitor show me the picture, but no boot possible. Withe Dell VBIOS only the internal monitor.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  2. TheKillerTacos

TheKillerTacos Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yea, at the end my 8770w died (somehow, probably someone dropped water on it :'c),
    But i had a 8560w laying around and flashed the Dell vbios on it, I did some physical mods on the disipator and placed another disipator from a 8540w on the GPU,
    But the problem now its that I am getting bottlenecked by my Power brick which only does 120w, so I had to throttle the CPU to 3.0ghz (i7-2820qm) so it only consumes around 20-50w under load, and let the GPU use 40-60w, which I hate, because i had to underclock my gpu to 549mhz and modify the vbios, everything runs fine, i'll probably buy a 220w power brick to actually overclock the hell out of this gpu, since the gpu fan is running at 100% (cant set speed since its conected directly to a usb port) I get really good temps, with the hottest days i run the gpu around 65c while playing GTA V and Fortnite.
    So yea, thank you guys and thank you @valuxin for the vbios

3. TheKillerTacos

TheKillerTacos Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    btw @valuxin, I believe that the 8560w MXM port is PCI-E 2.0 x16, Will there be any bandwidth problems using this gpu? since the K4100M is pcie 3.0, i had read online that even the gtx 1080 wont bottleneck at 3.0 x8.
    So pcie 2.0 x16 is the same as 3.0 x8 if I am not wrong, I just want your opinion.

I might later post some pics here so you guy can se this weird ass monster I made.

4. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    Hey @valuxin, wonderful work you've done here for the Kepler generation of Quadros.

Is there anyway the latest Pascal ones like the Quadro P1000, 2000, 3200, 4200, 5200 can be overclocked? Some of these GPUs come severely nerfed, for instance, the P3200. Thanks again!

5. Verklärung

Verklärung Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Just here to second this. Would love to get a bit more juice out of my ZBook 17 G4's P5000

6. iGideon2015

iGideon2015 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey @valuxin

I really need your help!

I have the Dell Precision M6800, with the K3100M 4GB.
    The performance is very poor, and would like to flash it.

The only problem, I don't know how!
    Can you maybe help me out?
    I have downloaded NVFLASH but don't know what to do....

Great thanks!

7. Talzam

Talzam Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello I have installed your bios but I see no difference? Am I missing something I have a k5000m hope you can help

8. Tay Caldwell

Tay Caldwell Newbie

Reputations:
    Valuxin, Good work on the Kepler chips! I am on a K3000M and it does Quake/Doom/Wolfenstein great but it need MORE. In lieu of this I have purchased a K4000M that should arrive later this week. I am interested in testing the K4000M bios mods with you. I am on a Dell M6700, Core i7, IGP is HD4000. I would be glad to paypal some cash money over after we complete our testing/project. Let me know if interested. Same goes for community if you've already worked the K4000M Nvidia Kepler for Dell.
    best,
    Tay (True Name) AKA Dan (work name)
    Don't ask about my day job, I am fluent in a 'Modern' Universe

9. valuxin

valuxin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    For FullHD resolution, even 2.0 x8 will be OK.

The vBIOS can be modded, but probably have to be flashed via desoldering eeprom from the videocard.

No vBIOS mods is possible for HP laptops using stock GPU lineup (coz the system take vBIOS file from the main BIOS and not videocard eeprom).

Read first post one more time and you will find the answer:)

10. valuxin

valuxin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    First off all, I see no reason to use first gen kepler on M6700 while 2nd gen Kepler and 1-2gen Maxwell work like a charm. If you are stick to K4000, I have a bad news - first gen Kepler have poor overclocking capabilities + they have slightly different vBIOS structure and it will be bit hard to make the mod. Still possible, but will take me some time to accomplish, coz the last time I've moded Kepler vBIOS was years ago.