Nvidia Quadro K3100M/K4100M/K5100M overclocking vBIOS mod

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by valuxin, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Loud88gt

Loud88gt Newbie

Reputations:
    Can you send me a link to the vbios you reccomend?

2. valuxin

valuxin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Loud88gt likes this.
  3. Loud88gt

Loud88gt Newbie

Reputations:
  4. Loud88gt

Loud88gt Newbie

Reputations:
    I called 4 different local computer repair businesses and can't find anyone who has a programmer or can flash the vbios with another laptop. Is there anyone who can recommend a business I could send this gpu to?

5. debianik

debianik Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  6. Suraj Subedi

Suraj Subedi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @ThomasTho and @Loud88gt
    I had similar problem with HP 8770w (no dreamcolor screen) and k3100m. I have to say thank you for @valuxin for his contribution of vbios, and I was following him since more than a month for any solution. I had bought a HP nvidia k3100m which had trouble giving me screen output.
    Finally I had solution, which could be of importance to you. ( I had posted all the trouble and my solution as a reference for anybody interested for k3100m. It might be similar for k4100m).

1. Firstly, I installed HP K3100m (bios untouched) in 8770w, no output in LCD but output output from display port.

2. I downloaded bios files provided by @valuxin for K3100m in this initial thread. Thank you @valuxin for your contribution. The files I downloaded were all the k3100m vbioses (not the modded ones) from his link. There were two dell vbios:- a) one with file size 163 kb and b) other with file size 167 kb. Also I downloaded other HP vbios.

3. I booted to dos using usb drive and used Dos version of nvflash to backup original bios of card. and then flashed dell vbios (size 163 kb) in the K3100m.

4. Rebooted the laptop, display in the LCD screen of Laptop. (Note: things got complicated after that. Please read below too).

5. I installed the quadro drivers after modding the installer. (Video can be found in youtube)

6. Reboot- display got completely messed when computer loads into windows. After that I flashed in dos the HP vbios downloaded from @valuxin (164 kb). Now, card completely messed up, that it do not even boots to dos even there is no display. No booting at all.

7. I bought the programmer with the test clip, to try if it might work. It didnot. I identified the bios chip. It was MXIC chip with WSON standard. So no luck.

8. After several weeks, I found a person who could take that chip out from the card and helped me flash the dell vbios in their own programmer. I could not test my own programmer (similar to one displayed above). I flashed dell vbios (163 kb) as it initially gave me display in lcd screen.

9. I installed it in HP 8770w (not dreamcolor screen) and booted to windows. I modded the nvidia installer and similar problem as mentioned in point 6. screen messed up when boots to windows.

10. I googled and found that screen type might be a problem as new generation screen are different eDP and older are LDVS LCD. 40 pin connectors are LDVS and dell precision 6800 drivers compatible vbios could solve as I corroborated through google search (I might be wrong).

11. Finally, I flashed the dell vbios (167 kb size) (Thank you @valuxin for your contribution) and now everything is going great. driver install successful, display through docking station and multiple displays all supported. Finally, a relief after such a long bad luck.

7. Suraj Subedi

Suraj Subedi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @TheKillerTacos I think you need to flash the dell vbios from @valuxin (one with file size of 167 kb) into your K4100m from HP.

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!ACY3-8igckIdjYM&cid=72316AA2942F0A8A&id=72316AA2942F0A8A!89102&parId=72316AA2942F0A8A!41585&o=OneUp

I was settle things out for my k3100m in Hp 8770w with vbios of 167 kb (vbios of size 163 kb did not work out well) and hope it might work out for you too. Give a try.

TheKillerTacos likes this.
  8. dovedescent7

dovedescent7 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey Valuxin- my precision m6800 has k3100m. Is there anything i can do to make it faster than stock like unlocking bios?
    Sorry i cant find the "search thread" function-haven't posted here in a long time. Thanks!

9. valuxin

valuxin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @dovedescent7 Just flash my vBIOS mod for K3100M and be happy :)

P.S. All info is in the 1st post of the thread - no need to search trough.

10. negovan

negovan Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys, can someone mod bios for k1100m?