Nvidia Quadro K3100M/K4100M/K5100M overclocking vBIOS mod

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by valuxin, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Ushi

Ushi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @valuxin already flashes back to the dell bios, but the gpu wont boost pass idle clock now (perfcap util / no load limit). Is there anything I can do to fix it?

2. Ashkan Zare Karizak

Ashkan Zare Karizak Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi dear valuxin
    I have dell precision m4700 , recently I took NVidia quadro k1100m from dell precision m4800. I flash rom from https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/157921/157921 in DOS nvflash environment! It said successfully flashed!!!!! but when I going to install driver such driver for m4800 m6800 m4700 m6700 it said it is not compatible!!!!!! I search over net many days and trying to modding .inf driver but it also not working!!!!!! please help me to install driver of NVidia k1100m on my dell precision m4700. anyone has right .rom file of k1100m on dell precision m4800? please help me
    the problem is ID of Board and ID of k1100m. I use many command to bypass this difference like nvflash -n -f -6 ROM.rom . but there are nothing to work.

Best regards

3. gokica

gokica Newbie

Reputations:
    When trying to backup the Vbios of the M2000M (ZBook 15 G3) I get the following:

[​IMG]

NVFlash under DOS and Windows the same. Safe mode the same. I selected "discreet card" only in bios. Windows 7 with legacy support + secure boot disabled in bios

Tried NVFlash in your folder and I can not get the bat file for backup to work. Something about the extension.

Could you help me backup and flash the bios of this card please.

Thank you.

4. hottstepper

hottstepper Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi there

very interesting topic and awesome work with the costom bios.

Has anyone an idea how to overclock or flash costomized bios on a K4200 (4GB) ?
    or shall i try the K4100 bios from here?

it's terrible underclocked and would like to set the GPU MHz higher.
    with afterburner I can only tweak memory clock.

5. Jordan Mackay

Jordan Mackay Newbie

Reputations:
    I have a HP Zbook 17 G1 with Nvidia quadro K3100m card. I tried this a few months ago so the details are a little vague but i tried flashing all versons of your bios for k3100 on it and they all had stock clock speeds after. I tried using a 230w psu thinking it might be power limited but no change. I downloaded a (hp i think) bios from techpowerup and modded it with keplar bios tweaker and then flashed it but it would cause my caps lock button to flash like 3 or 4 times with a black screen and would not boot. I never got that card working again so i switched it out for an identical one from another hp zbook 17 g1. Does anybody know how to get the K3100m overclocked to 1000+ mhz on the hp zbook g1? Id donate $20 for anybody that sent me bios and instructions to do so. Thank you!

6. espektro

espektro Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I tried this (again) on an HP 8740w, I got a dell card so my computer didn't show any image so I had to use teamviewer to flash the vbios.

I simply unzipped the nvflash tool to my desktop and put the vbios file that its at 100w TDP on the nvflash folder only, I run the "flash.bat" file and the computer started beeping. After finished, I rebooted the computer and it started to show image on the screen.

This worked for me two times, the first one was a k4100m and last week it was a k3100m.

7. Jordan Mackay

Jordan Mackay Newbie

Reputations:
    Unfortunately i cant even get the first card to boot so i couldnt use teamview or anything. it just flashes and beeps and turns off. I might try the 100w TDP bios again on the working card though. Thank you for helping though!

8. pseudodeed

pseudodeed Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have one goog and stable working moded Bios. K5000M-80.04.33.00.35-OC-1020-2160-60-OV-912.5mV-max-937.5mV-CLK25.rom
    If anyone need it plese use it, it works very good an had 45% performance increase.
    But this Bios do not have UEFI option.
    I have a Bios with UEFI option but this Bios is not unlocked. K5000M-80.04.5A.00.05.ROM
    Please can you help me to unlock this Bios from K5000M to?
    Thank you

Attached Files:

9. pseudodeed

pseudodeed Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello i have solve all the problems.
    Here ist a modified Bios with UEFI and 45% performance increase.
    I have test this bios 3 mounth and there is very stable.
    Have fun with 45% more power on your K5000M.

10. PATRICK NDZENGUE

PATRICK NDZENGUE Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have an elitebook 8560w with a quadro fx 2800m that is mxm 3.0b card. All work fine with temperature too because the highest is 69 degree celcius but i have two problems. The first is that the gpu doesn't reach the 600mhz on core clock. It's only above 340mhz. Memory and shaders too doesn't reach the maximum frequency. The second the brightness that i can't adjust. My specs are:
    i7 2820qm
    6 gb of ram ddr3
    700go hdd
    No dream color screen hd+
    120w charger.
    Please what is wrong ?