Nvidia Quadro K3100M/K4100M/K5100M overclocking vBIOS mod

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by valuxin, Nov 17, 2015.

1. espektro

espektro Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes :) I used RD Client from microsoft, it was the first time that I used it and ir worked as expected. Im on widnows 10 and as soon as I logged in I went to the device manager and saw that the K4100m was already installed but with an exclamation mark (error 12 I think). I had to remove the installed driver because it didt alow me to flahs it. I made a mistake at the begining becasue I flashed an HP vbios, Im not sure how this happened but with that vbios at least I have the VGA output working :)

Then with my TV connected through the VGA port I flashed a dell vbios and that's all :)

2. Looker1122

Looker1122 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Indeed, it is very strange that when I flashed my K3100M with HP's vbios (from techpowerup database) laptop didn't start too.
    When I flash back Dell's it works flawlessy.
    HP vbios isn't compatible with HPs laptops? :)

3. espektro

espektro Newbie

Reputations:
    Firestrike Results:

1085@1.0438v = 5857
    [​IMG]
    1006@0.9875v = 5627
    [​IMG]

4. espektro

espektro Newbie

Reputations:
    Im still having random crashes while gaming. Maybe I should use a lower TDP for my 8740w? How can I modify the vbios for that?

5. John Carlson

John Carlson Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello guys,
    Is it possible to make k3100M work on M4700?
    Some sellers on Ebay say K3100M 4GB unit is for M4700... I wonder if that's true. Can K3100M even fit in M4700?

6. Takiyon

Takiyon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Here is my stock bios if anyone needs it. K5100M 80.04.GA.00.05

Attached Files:

7. Ushi

Ushi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    warning, @valuxin k5100m hp stock brick my gpu (they only have 90kb compare to 160kb dell stock vbios and techpowerup hp vbios). His dell stock and testing vbios work fine.

8. valuxin

valuxin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This HP vBIOS is working, but it will work properly only on Zbook G1 and higher, coz this vBIOS is designed for Zbook series. Good thing is that, if the vBIOS don't work for you you can just blind flash it or RDP to OS or connect it to extrernal monitor via HDMI, VGA or DisplayPort (DP is 100% working on any quadro vBIOS).

9. valuxin

Reputations:
    Nope, coz K3100M is in a big format. Best cards for M4700 and M4800 at the moment are M2000M (eq in terms of performance to K4100M) and GTX 965 (eq in terms of performance to K5100M). Kepler and higher will not work on M4600 due to sBIOS limitations - only AMD.

10. valuxin

Reputations:
    I think, the issue is that memory clocks are bit high or core clocks bit high for the voltage. Try to lower them a bit with NvidiaInspector or MSI Afterburner.