nVIDIA mobile Kepler 6xx MASTER overclocking guide. Workaround for max clocks/OC stability.

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Mobius 1, Jul 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. svl7

svl7 T|I

Reputations:
    I need to clarify certain things here.

First of all, this thread got created before I got PMd.
    That's simply not how this works - just creating a thread with a call to users to post their vbios mod requests, without even having contacting the guy who's supposed to do all the work.
    I think a lot of you guys really underestimate the time it takes to figure out and create such mods. I'm doing this all on a voluntary basis and 99% of the time I don't see a single cent for this. It's mainly for fun and all in my spare time.

Second, I'm not going to take any vbios requests here. My home is at Tech|Inferno, feel free to contact me there.

2. Nahrai

Nahrai Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hmm interesting, you got really high Graphic score compared to me, even though I have higher core clocks on my OC:confused: Could it be that CPU making difference, even though it's graphic score ?
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i5-3210M Processor,LENOVO Product Name score: P3041 3DMarks

3. feelseasy

feelseasy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hmm, I have no idea though, I reproduced a 3385 score and a 3365 score, so its not a fluke though

4. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Just to show everyone here that the 650M is a crazy card with unlimited OC potential o_0

I'm glad the tutorial worked for you, but just a question. Did you have to use a different p-state ( 0,x ) compared to the tutorial?

5. feelseasy

feelseasy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I used; 0,5 with memory increased in p0 as well.

6. mrm2x

mrm2x Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    nice guide, but i might add that at the moment this procedure does (at least for me) not work on dell´s gtx 680M.

you can change the memory-clock but changes in core-clock won´t get accepted (although the oc´ed value is displayed)...

7. MegaBUD

MegaBUD Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  8. feelseasy

feelseasy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    My temp went up by maybe 2-3 C thats all. I think you should upgrade your drivers though. I was ocing to 1k ghz before so yours might go higher. Temps also depend on your laptops cooling.

9. Kallogan

Kallogan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The 650M GT is really a weird gpu. Ocing it like hell doesn't really push the temps. Giving the fact that the Clevos we use don't have beast cooling systems. I mean two pipes with a shared fan...It is really a cold gpu. Never saw that before in my overclocker career :)

10. Nahrai

Nahrai Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    on 1220 MHz Core and 2800 MHz memory i have 71 degree max after 1h of Prime95+Furmark. I have cooling pad(zalman NC-2000) though, but still there is place for improvement, when we take into account overvolting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.