1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

nVidia GTX 180M/GTS 160M/G 110M notebook video cards.

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Micaiah, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brainer

brainer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    i Feel pwned really, they dont make New cores for laptops, they just add freakin shader processors with small amounts -.-

2. jonhapimp

jonhapimp Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    they better make these before i get a laptop or i'll be pissed

3. Delta_CT

Delta_CT Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well, Crysis is still a complete killer with AA, afaik. And there's always someone waiting to push the limits.

Realistically, Intel has been destroying AMD in the desktop and laptop sector since Conroe came out (I'm not an Intel fanboy, look at my sig) but that hasn't stopped Intel from sticking to their tick-tock schedule. I think the only that may throw them off tick-tock is potentially the economy, but I think they've learned from their mistakes and don't want to be the hare who's caught napping again. nVidia could do the same, but for the sake of competition that keeps the market vibrant and prices reasonable, I hope they don't follow Intel's lead.

4. rapion125

rapion125 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Software still pushes graphics cards to their limit. Until any game can be maxed out with 16xAA and 16xAF and get 60+ FPS, they can still improve.

I'm hating nVidia now. They just rename and increase the clocks. They call that a series? When Intel releases a new CPU line, they change the architecture, manufacturing process, or introduce new technologies. nVidia hasn't done that for the past 2 series. We'll see what happens when 4800s are released.

5. Melody

Melody How's It Made Addict

Reputations:
    Yeah Nvidia has a bad history with naming schemes lol :p

Well I hope this new "series" will at least make more sense naming wise than in the past lol >.>