Nvidia GT 750M Throttle at 80 Celsius

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by ifmyn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ifmyn

ifmyn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    EDİT:

Hey my friends i have recently recognize that GT 750m throttle no related to temperature. My gpu throttle at 67 celsius or any temperature near, like the SS i have posted. What possibly can do this please help me, i have tried MSI afterburner to change voltage but voltage editing not enabled, i have overcloked and downclocked gpu but it still throttle not depending which temperature is, just depends playing any game. It throttle at the start and end of the any 3d game. Please you can find a solution.

My first message:

Hello Friends,

I have a big issue that my GT750M is throttling. Here is my graphic in a average load game, help me fixing my issue please.

My laptop is Asus N550jv 127h İntel 4700HQ, 16 gb ram, GT750 m DDR3 4 GB Video card. It's a new laptop and coolers are very clean.

I have fixed Cpu Throttling wit stop throttle but cant fix gpu throttling with various programs. Gpu core clock throttles to 200-450 mhz whatever i do what program including MSI afterburner i use. This makes almost any game unplayable. I know my GPU is not a good one but throttling at 80 always makes it like a İntel HD graphics card. I think 80 celsius should not be the degree to throttle for such a laptop, is there any "Stop Gpu Throttle" program or BIOS edit program?

View attachment 118628

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  2. TomJGX

TomJGX I HATE BGA!

Reputations:
    Only thing you can do is prop the laptop up using books to reduce the temps, get a laptop cooler to do the same or repaste the GPU(IMO best option)... It's difficult to repaste/repad the GPU but then your problem will be 100% solved...

3. ifmyn

Reputations:
    I have noticed right now that my GT 750M throttle also at 70 celsius also. This is not a temperature problem this is a BIOS software issue.

How can i edit bios or whatever related program and set my Gpu throttle temperature to a proper degree please? MSI afterburner and similar software does not work.

Thanks.

4. TomJGX

TomJGX I HATE BGA!

Reputations:
    You need an unlocked vBIOS and there is no such option for the GT750M..

5. octiceps

octiceps Nimrod

Reputations:
    Download Nvidia Inspector, go to the overclocking window, and check if Temperature Target is checked and set to 70C.

6. ifmyn

Reputations:
    Is there any way to unlock vBIOS?

Nvidia inspector does not work, although i set priority temperature to 97, it still throttle after 70 or 80 celsius.

7. ifmyn

Reputations:
    Hey my friends i have recently recognize that GT 750m throttle no related to temperature. My gpu throttle at 67 celsius to, like the SS i have posted. What possibly can do this please help me, i have tried MSI afterburner to change voltage but voltage editing not enabled, i have overcloked and downclocked gpu but it still throttle not depending which temperature is, just depends playing any game. It throttle at the start and end of the any 3d game. Please you can find a solution.

8. Kirrr

Kirrr Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That machine is an oven. GPU downclocking is occur because the CPU hits TDP limit and then the whole system take a step back in clocks to prevent overheating. It's a "usual" thing for the N-series.

9. TomJGX

TomJGX I HATE BGA!

Reputations:
    It's also the vBIOS/BIOS causing the throttling.. nothing wrong with 67-70C GPU temps IMO and I don't have such throttling on my 7970M at those temps.. It's just Asus etc causing this...

10. Kirrr

Kirrr Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It's not the GPU it's the CPU that triggers the throttling. The original BIOS on that system is trying to prevent the components go above 80°C. The cpu hits 80 first, the the whole system throttle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.