nVIDIA GeForce Drivers v425.31 WHQL Findings & Fixes

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Papusan, Apr 11, 2019.

1. 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9

6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    As always... :)

XtremeG released it with modded drivers [Performance + Tweaks] as always :)

For Laptops:-
    https://www.reddit.com/r/XtremeG/comments/bcfzca/xg_42531_mobile_win10_x64/
    For Desktop:-
    https://www.reddit.com/r/XtremeG/comments/bcfzof/xg_42531_desktop_win10_x64/

Sooner or later I will release XG drivers [Lite & Debloated + Physx] today or tomorrow and will only be posted here... ;)
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/modded-nvidia-drivers-for-windows.826322/

Enjoy ;) :cool:

Ok here is what they do on every driver :) I got the list from there dead website http://tweakforce.com by using http://web.archive.org/ ;)
    XG drivers are tweaked to improve image quality and stability while performance may increase or decrease slightly depending on your system specs. A few XG registry tweaks include mods to the following:

Paletted Textures In Video Memory
    Render Quality Flags
    Target Flush Count
    Texture Clamp Behavior
    Texture LOD Bias
    Use Cached PCI Mappings
    Texture Memory Space
    Downloaded Memory Space
    Texture Precache
    UMA Fast Frame Buffering
    Main 3D rendering
    Triple Buffering
    Any more information you want to know.. ask them.. :)
    Here's what I observed comparing between official ones vs XG...
    -Less microstutters
    -Higher OC Potential (Gives me additional 50 ~ 90 MHz more OC) with the same overvolt (I use +75mv) going higher voltage gives me black screen
    -Higher FPS [Not significant-(YMMV)] (due to less stuttering I guess you feel that you are playing at higher frame rate :D)
    -Less latency per a frame (Means smoothie gameplay) ;)

M.A.USA, Rei Fukai and jaybee83 like this.
  2. Djadit

Djadit Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What is the best to update driver
    Should i using uninstaller. Or directly run setup.exe?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

3. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Hold My Vodka, I going to kill my GPU

Reputations:
    This driver seems to love overclocking much better. I am still pushing my GTX1060 MXM card right now and getting some decent results. Playing games feels smoother whilst my low points are now even better.

Just ran a bench of FS and hitting constant 2063mhz on core and 2377mhz x4 which is 9.3Ghz with a GPU score of 14,130. Way better then the 13,000's I got with the other drivers.

Edit: for Firestrike score I managed to beat my all time best result is in signature used to be 11,178 it's now 11,206. Although same OC doesn't work on Timespy as it hits thermal limit according to GPU-Z so I am using Profile 4 which is OC scanner and a memory overclock.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    j95, jaybee83, Papusan and 2 others like this.
  4. 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9

6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I report the same thing.. I am now at +87.5mv overvolt on my GPU and it seems pretty solid and no more black screens... at previous drivers..I wouldn't even go over +75mv even at stock core & memory speeds! it is like my GPU couldn't deal with overvolt but now I guess drivers can play some factor when overvolting too! ;)

Back to testing & squeezing another drip or two of performance! :cool: I guess I'm gonna go for another milestone achievement after what I have done already so far :D

Proof that I can go +87.5mv overvolt without issues.. ;)
    upload_2019-4-15_3-44-43.png

Remember this is not my final results.. needs more testing... right now I am testing how far I can go before entering the stability testing ;) :)

jaybee83 likes this.
  5. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    Already doing stability tests on mine started on memory clocks first. Doing Core curve last.

However I do agree with you, that with the last driver the system either hung during OC scanning or the screen went blank during the OC scanning.

With this driver a few friends I have online have also installed the driver and noticed a 10fps uplift in some games too.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

Sent from my Laptop:

Edit: My current thus far overclock via Curve and Memory is in the thumbnail.

Current Settings.png

After all i am now not chasing Numbers on Firestrike TimeSpy 3DMark Vantage etc, also the temps are now using my normal fan curve rather then max fans.

Edit2: This is GPU-Z Sensor data during me playing BFV CQ 64 man

BFV playing.png

As you can see the GPU core is stable and yes i know its hitting a V.Rel limit but thats because i am asking it to do 2GHZ on just 130% Power which is just above or below 100w this is using the curve settings above.

Now normally with the older driver it would crash or arty, but with this driver it is not even doing that its butter smooth.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  6. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    Always Always run DDU first before updating @Ultra Male has always pointed this out as well as @j95 and the other top forum members. Its a bible i read too myself with good results.

j95 likes this.
  7. j95

j95 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  8. 0lok

0lok Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @j95 where can i download the standard version mod nvidia geforce v425.31 for win 10 1809? Can't see it. Thanks

j95 likes this.
  9. j95

j95 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Standard only for 1903 and win7.

Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  10. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    I don't want support the move to DCH/UWP:) As long I can I will continue with standard:D