nVIDIA GeForce Drivers v398.36 WHQL Findings & Fixes

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Papusan, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Porter

Porter Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well I'm not going to upgrade now lol. I usually run my drivers for a long while, only upgrading when a new game release or fix pushes me in that direction.

I've been extremely happy since I stopped installing GFE a year or so ago. Only feature I ever wanted to use from it was the battery boost frame limiter and it didn't work for SLI anyway, and of course there are other ways to limit FPS.

Vasudev likes this.
  2. hfm

hfm Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Huh.. these seem to be working just fine for me, haven't seen any performance issues.

3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Try the development driver from Nvidia. Its actually beta but performs very great on my BGA maxwell. You can download it from Prema's website or j95's post #6. Benching scores will be low since its not certified. But during gaming it gives me more FPS than WHQL driver.
    If you still want latest drivers use j95's modded drivers.
    One more thing which I'll say after Pap's suggested me was to install desktop nv drivers and guess what I don't have power throttling whilst OC'ing my Maxwell BGA.

jaybee83 and hmscott like this.
  4. Chowda289

Chowda289 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I've been having some issues ever since I updated from 398.11. I currently have 398.36.

After 398.11, I began randomly getting a black screen when loading Win 10 or after I reopened my lid from being in hibernation. Once I updated to 398.36, it appears to be fixed. HOWEVER now, I have Windows pop up some sort of notice about blah buttons to broadcast my game, etc. (I'm pretty sure these aren't Nvidia's notifications.) AND I've been getting BSOD randomly while browsing the internet or after I've been playing a game for quite some time. The BSOD is SynTP.sys and said Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal. :(

I have a Powerspec 1510 (Clevo P650HS-G.) I read on another website that the issue may be where I'm getting the Nvidia drivers (I'm getting them from Nvidia); they said you should always get your Nvidia drivers from your OEM. :confused:

Here is what the Windows pop up looks like:

popup1.PNG

5. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    You can disable broadcast under Settings > Gaming section. I enable only game mode and broadcast is off.

6. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    How to fix: http://forum.notebookreview.com/goto/post?id=10235938#post-10235938

(IME you only need to delete from the keyboard filter, not the mouse.)

7. Hossbando

Hossbando Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  8. Chowda289

Chowda289 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    @Vasudev I went and disabled it...so far, so good. I did find out that my touch pad was back on. (I usually turn it off because I use a wireless mouse.)

@yrekabakery If I get a BSOD for the same error again, I'll try this fix. It appears to be a good fix for most people. However, will it permanently disable my keyboard and mouse?

@Hossbando Yeah, I read about that on another forum. Where did you find the drivers? I can't find drivers anywhere on their website.

Vasudev likes this.
  9. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If you do it right, it should not. But I would create a system restore point before attempting, just in case.

10. Hossbando

Hossbando Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It seems that Synaptics have updated their website within the past few weeks they forgot to include the download links.
    https://www.synaptics.com/resources#drivers
    Zero links to any driver download on that page as of this post date.

Vasudev and Falkentyne like this.