nVIDIA GeForce Drivers v368.81 Findings & Fixes

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Spartan, Jul 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I'm not sure. Haven't tried it. Still using the last @j95 mod. Maybe I will image my OS again this weekend before testing it so I can restore the image if it sucks. I don't trust NVIDA as far as I can throw them, so I don't want to make changes without an escape route. The way things are getting, no telling what kind of irreversible changes their newest cancer drivers might inflict on the OS.

TBoneSan, i_pk_pjers_i and Papusan like this.
  2. bloodhawk

bloodhawk Derailer of threads.

Reputations:
    TBoneSan, Mr. Fox and Papusan like this.
  3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Yup, I agree. Looking good.

We used to say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" but that's starting to look more like "if it ain't broke yet, wait wait for the next driver update" LOL. With the Pascal launch upon us the danger of Maxwell getting crippled by NVIDIOT cancer drivers is real.

TBoneSan, bloodhawk and Papusan like this.
  4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Thanks. Yeah you never know from these Morons. Have seen that those with AW upgraded with Maxwell is recommended to update the OS before new graphics driver. Why?? I dislike such a way to do things!!

Mr. Fox likes this.
  5. Exostenza

Exostenza Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Definitely a solid driver. If anyone is on the fence I say get these installed.

6. jcw123

jcw123 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, I'm looking for some advice from someone who has experience with recent Nvdidia drivers:

As I have mostly played The Witcher 3 over the last year, but also some MGS V, my MSI GT72 2QE (980M, Windows 8.1) was kept on 355.82, the driver that was released as the Game Ready driver for the latter game. All in all, that driver has served me well.

However, now it's time to move on to more recent games and I'm wondering which driver version to update to. 368.81 is the most recent WHQL version and from reading this thread it seems to be a solid driver. I also understand that many see 362.00 as the "best" most recent offering from Nvidia. So my choice basically boils down to those two.

I would really appreciate some advice, maybe even from someone with the same or similar system specifications. Thanks a lot in advance.

7. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    365.19 or 362. They're both solid but I haven't had any issues with 365.19 and it gave my old Kepler card a nice boost too so I run it on both my laptop and my desktop.

jcw123, hmscott and Papusan like this.
  8. jcw123

jcw123 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for the quick reply. 365.19 wasn't even on my radar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.