nVIDIA GeForce Driver v397.64

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Ultra Male, May 9, 2018.

1. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Phoenix's don't have time for games but I will play a game tomorrow and tell you the temps. [​IMG]

PS: I buy gaming taptops to surf the net and watch YouTube and stalk my friend PooPoosan at super high speeds [​IMG]

2. Kittys

Kittys Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    This is what that sounds like lol

edit: no more 10878937% power limit on 1080 ti..boo

Vasudev and Falkentyne like this.
  3. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    On this driver I'm still getting the bug where my desktop gets locked at a really low sub-60Hz refresh rate after exiting a DX9 game with G-Sync enabled. The only workaround is to run a DX11 game or the GPU-Z Render Test in fullscreen, or disable G-Sync altogether. I've had this on every driver since 391.35.

4. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Thats strange. I suppose you can browse the internet and stream YT on your car. Oh you can stalk Paps on your iph X using Facetime.
    So you buy a Mainframe computers to play games or what?

5. KY_BULLET

KY_BULLET Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I got some heavy stuttering and low frame rates on PUBG with this driver. Almost to the point where I thought it was gonna crash on me. I went back to the previous one and used DDU.

I see it mostly in game while being inside of a small structure. It will be around 130-144 fps and as soon as I walk inside a house, it will drop to 60-80 fps with stuttering. But, the driver just prior to this one doesn't stutter but still drops down to around 80-90 fps inside (small) houses.

It's probably a mixture of both, game optimization and driver.

heliada and Vistar Shook like this.
  6. heliada

heliada Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I noticed random speed drops on my gtx 1080 to 139MHz (idle speed) when playing assassins creed origins and final fantasy xxiv. I don't think game optimization has much to do with it. It happens wherever I am in the game, it does not matter if it's outside or inside anything, small or big areas. During a benchmark, interestingly, I did not notice this. I will just stick to the official MSI driver which is 390.xx and be happy with it - I don't care about fancy numbers in benchmarks and usability is more important to me.

0lok, Vasudev and KY_BULLET like this.
  7. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    :eek:

8. MahmoudDewy

MahmoudDewy Gaming Laptops Master Race!

Reputations:
    I have both of your problems in all blizzard games (Overwatch, WoW ... etc.). And for some reason my Google Chrome keeps acting funny and lagging in Facebook.

Worst driver experience ever for me. When I say "ever" I mean I have never seen a driver breaking functionality like this in my life.

9. heliada

heliada Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Actually the older driver 390.94 does not work for me either. When screen times out and goes dark the gpu crashes so bad it results either in crash or insane... not sure artifacts? That are all over the screen. Idk what to do those are the only 2 drivers available atm. Laptop is less than week old and I'm pretty done with it already.

10. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Try 388.71 driver.