Nvidia G-Sync hack - it works on every display supporting DisplayPort 1.2

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Marecki_clf, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Shauryya Pratap Mishra

Shauryya Pratap Mishra Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can someone help me with my gsync display?
    I have an Aorus X5V6 and the gsync display doesn't seem to be working properly. The screen tears and judders at all framerates, be it above or below 60 unless I turn on adaptive v-sync in nvidia control panel. The pendulumn demo also has screen tearing with gsync. This has happened after I clean installed windows onto my laptop after there was a problem with the laptop where the display would freeze at boot. I have tried to reinstall drivers, ddu the drivers and then re-install, use the original drivers that come inside the usb, update via clean install, update normally, roll back drivers, etc. Since then even the colour seems to be a bit off from when it came out of the box.
    Any help would be appreciated

2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Gsync is a hit or miss with drivers, do you mind sharing your current driver version? Also disable Windows Update service and BITS so that WU won't fetch drivers from MSFT.

3. Shauryya Pratap Mishra

Shauryya Pratap Mishra Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Current driver version is 385.41. Is it necessary to run fast vsync on all the time?
    Sorry for the late reply, lost this thread on the forum :p

4. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Moo

Reputations:
    Check out this video: