nVidia Class Action Fairness Hearing is Tomorrow - Almost time to make a claim!

Discussion in 'HP' started by Mr. Fox, Dec 19, 2010.

?

Is the CQ-56 or Asus EEE Netbook a replacement "of like or similar kind and value" when co

Poll closed Jun 19, 2011.
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  2. No

134 vote(s)
    98.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shasta7

shasta7 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    about 3rd down click on view all comments

look for my face I have the last 2 posts

2. Batman1

Batman1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

This guy gets my vote, He's into medical malpractice but he's a fighter. Its going to be tough to find an attorney to take on another attorney, kinda like a cop arresting another cop for DUI, it happens but not as often as it should.

California Medical Malpractice Attorney | Medical Malpractice Attorney | Medical Malpractices

3. TimelyCompensation

TimelyCompensation Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Not sure if that will work for us; medical malpractice is a completely different beast. We need a legal malpractice lawyer.

Not California, but he's one of the biggest lawyers in the Midwest -- Fieger, Fieger, Kenney, Johnson & Giroux PC — Get Legal Advice From Geoffrey Fieger

For whatever reason, it's not displaying for me in FireFox, IE, or Chrome...but anyway.

I still have faith in Judge Ware sending Nvidia back to the drawing board for replacements. Like Ted said, he may have been giving Nvidia a last ditch effort to defend themselves. I'd say by Monday afternoon Nvidia is going to be scrambling to find a cheap dual-core solution.

4. Batman1

Batman1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  5. Choppus

Choppus Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    100% Agree! Plus one!!! LMAO

6. dellduude

dellduude Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    is anyone fighting back Dell for putting the same bad boards and calling it repair.
    i just got my claims "repair" back and the GPU is running way hot.
    how do i just get a refund?

7. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Hey folks. I was on a short business trip and did not have access to the forum since Sunday evening.

I was sad to read how things went on Monday, but let's not lose hope until we hear what Judge Ware decides. I'm holding on to hope that the man is very intelligent, objective, fair, and honest.

If my hope is not misplaced, then the outcome will be favorable to class members. If the opposite it true... well, I guess he's not any of those things. It would seem to be impossible for an average computer user with ordinary intelligence and a modicum of technical knowledge to conclude that the CQ56-115DX or the Asus netbook are not a breach of the settlement verbiage to provide "a replacement computer of like or similar kind and value" without having a lack of concern for equity and some sort of an ulterior motive.

Others have posted similar thoughts and I agree with them.

Edit: I see that 1 person voted "yes". I will take that as proof that at least one kool-aid drinker from Milberg has visited this forum :)

8. jtfrommer

jtfrommer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    We should ask the forum moderator to look up that IP address to see if the vote came from an IP block belonging to NVIDIA, Orrick, Rosenthal or Milberg.

Now, that would be fun.

PS. I just added my own, personal, HP product replacement matrix. Read it here and let me know what you think.

9. CJean

CJean Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Maybe the person who voted yes just had one of the lower-end Compaq computers originally. I don't have one of those so I can't be sure, but I would guess the CQ56 might be a fair replacement for an older Compaq that originally retailed for under $600-700.

10. murphybr

murphybr Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I haven't voted...and am new. but i will go on record as saying what is going on is not fair for alot of people. personally i have signed the Nvidia class action and just got my letter that I was approved. I own a HP Pavilion dv 6000 (specifically coded as a dv6105us) looking at the specs for my laptop and the specs to the CQ56 it is actually a slight step up for mine hardware-wise. For me it just sucks to think i dropped $700 on my laptop and the principal of getting a $300 replacement kind of sucks. I didnt expect something like an Alienware, etc. but even looking at BestBuy there are decent DualCore laptops(which seems to be the standard today) for just a little more than the CQ56. heck why not just replace everyone's laptop with an Atari.lol. Heck I may just Craigslist my replacement and buy a PS3 that i can load with YellowDog.lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.