Nvidia 9800 GX2!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Press Releases and Announcements' started by chesieofdarock, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbaumann

nbaumann Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah, didn't feel ripped off by the 8800 GT at all, excellent card, excellent price, good performance which sometime even challenges the 8800 GTX.

2. justanormalguy

justanormalguy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Working on an OC right now, 650mHz is the stock core clock, I've got mine at 800mHz for 12 hours without artifacts...It BEATS the GTX.

3. TomTom2007

TomTom2007 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The new NVIDIA's GeForce 9800 will be launching in late Feb / early March, as opposed to late Nov 2007 as previous rumored (ah silly me :D ), will be successor to the 8800 Ultra. With an estimated 30% performance increase over the aforementioned top end GPU, and apparent support for "Quad SLI".

Expect the 9800 GX2's 1GB frame buffer, two 65nm GPUs and 256 Stream processors to make this one seriously expensive graphics card. - Gizmodo

http://www.pcper.com/comments.php?nid=4936

http://gizmodo.com/340457/new-nvidi...-processors-1gb-memory-eats-ps3-for-breakfast

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/04/nvidia-geforce-9800-gx2-pics-specs-leaked/

4. n0elia

n0elia Come on Haswell...

Reputations:
    TWO, TWO gpu's in one and just 30% performance increase??? Booh nvidia

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  5. adinu

adinu I pwn teh n00bs.

Reputations:
    I wonder when these will be available in notebook versions.

6. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I'm not that impressed with the reported performance increases of the 9800 GX2 . . . I will reserve my judgment until the card is actually released and we have gaming benchmarks though.

I am an 8800GTX 768MB owner, I bought the card in September. Even though the 8800GT came out two months later and for half the price I paid ($530), I do not feel ripped off at all. I bought the fastest card on the market at the time (it still is) and it has exceeded my expectations. When I bought the card, there was no competition - I had no second thoughts about putting that kind of money down. Would I have bought an 8800GT instead of the 8800GTX had it been out when I was in the market? Yes. Would I consider trading my card for an 8800GT plus the price difference? Nope. ;) Once you have this kind of power there is no going back. The 8800GTX is incredibly fast and has no problem with any of the latest games, including Crysis. I have it overclocked close to 8800 Ultra specifications and it is a monster.

7. KockM

KockM Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    They just released the 8800m and most people can't even get ahold of it yet. The 9800 will not come out til atleast january next year I think for notebooks. Probably Q2 2009.

8. Eleison

Eleison Thanatos Eleison

Reputations:
    @n0elia:

Putting two GPUs on the board is like running two cards in SLI mode. It sounds like it should be a lot more powerful than it is. 30% is still a significant performance boost, though. Who knows, it might be enough to actually make Crysis playable on a single card :D.

9. Jayjubear

Jayjubear Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    At very high settings?

10. wilsonywx

wilsonywx Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Does it support 3 way sli? That would make it equal to 6 8800 gtx cards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.