Nvidia 9800 GX2!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Press Releases and Announcements' started by chesieofdarock, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chesieofdarock

chesieofdarock Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  2. Sneaky_Chopsticks

Sneaky_Chopsticks Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That's awesome. :D I'm still waiting for the 9800 GTX though. :p

3. Rorschach

Rorschach Notebook Virtuoso NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I don't get it, so its only 30% faster than a 8800 ultra yet its a gx2 model. I was under the impression gx2 models where basically sli cards and had to use sli drivers? So wouldn't this really just be like haveing two 8800 gt's in sli?

4. chesieofdarock

chesieofdarock Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I guess so, but then 4 of these in sli would make 8 8800gt's then so its still pretty amazing

5. swoley2k

swoley2k Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Please AMD give Nvidia some competition so we can get NEW graphics cards....I can understand the 8800 being the best Nvidia card for the last year or so but guess what... CRYSIS IS OUT. Remember when farcry and doom and oblivion made new cards come out??? Well isnt it time for Crysis to cause new cards to come out!!??? Nvidia definately has the market cornered....

6. Rorschach

Rorschach Notebook Virtuoso NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    >.> yah I suppose someone could do that. If this graphics card cost less then two 8800gtx's or ultras I suppose it might be worth it.

7. KidProdigy

KidProdigy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    seeing that makes me want to wait for a new notebook card but then I realized that if I keep waiting, I'll just wait forever so I might as well stick to an 8800M GTX. But still, 30% faster than the 8800 is pretty impressive.

8. format13

format13 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    256 stream processors total!? Does that seriously mean 128 per GPU? Well dang, that is why it is only a 30% increase. That is some real bottlenecking :mad:

9. brainer

brainer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    bottlenecking? lol you people never have enough . Nvidia and ATI just have to make some good card that lasts for atleast 4 years playing everything on high instead of ripping people's money i mean wtf? 8800s' are just out, didnt Nvidia make enough money instead of ripping people for a 2nd time?

10. justanormalguy

justanormalguy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    There will be a HUGE bottleneck with this many cards...And we're talking about technology, it moves so quickly. If you owned nVidia, would you make a card that lasts 4 years ? No, you'd make as many as possible and try to make a huge profit. I own an 8800GTS (G92), it's an AWESOME card, OC's really well...Personally, for the price it's a great card. I don't feel ripped off at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.