NP9377-S 120hz Screen Replacement

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by bluefox94, Oct 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    As Meaker mentioned, we are limited quite a bit by what Sager offers. While we do offer a few things they do not, there are some things we just haven't been about to source. This would be a good option to dig deeper for though.

2. GACollegeStudent

GACollegeStudent Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Can you guys do anything special on a 980M SLI Sager? Besides free mouse or bag?

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    I would call around and ask depending on the configuration and upgrades will depend on any offers but sager dictate a lot of the pricing since they are building it.

4. SnowDrifter

SnowDrifter Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Well I picked up that screen. Connectors are different, 120hz is wider. Is there an alternate cable I need or are they just plain incompatible?
    [​IMG]

5. funkybudda

funkybudda Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

as one of the more active reseller on this site, do you think it's possible for xoticpc.com to find out why the 120hz screen availability is not offered, while the clevo variant has that build option (eurocom x8, Hidevolution, etc)? It's simple supply and demand, I'm sure this is a business impact to find out the source of the issue.

Brent R. likes this.
  6. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    We can ask Sager if and what the reason is. I will send an email to them and let you know what they reply with.

kolias likes this.
  7. Brent R.

Brent R. Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I would be interested to know also, thanks

8. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    They are not in production. Have not been since 2010/2011 (depending on model). Only four panels were ever created. There is one 16" panel, but no 16" laptops exist so...
    All other 120Hz panels for mobile form factors were under 1080p in resolution, and thus largely a reason why they were not used prior to optimus' prevalence since 1080p was the standard from even as far back as 2008 (as far as I know).

Sager cannot get stock for them. Neither reliable stock for the 90% glossy AUO panel. Neither for the 95% glossy AUO panel in the 15" models. So they dropped them. Eurocom says they stocked up on a lot of things so they can sell them. HIDevolution probably did the same. Just stocked up on replacement parts etc.

Sager sells a lot more machines than most in the US, so unless they can buy in bulk of thousands they probably don't order the parts. So sad to see 3D laptops die off though. So sad.

9. funkybudda

funkybudda Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

thanks for the informative reply, I'll give up on the idea.

10. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    Look at the trend in laptops. High response time IPS panels are the craze. Thin, light, overheating laptops are the craze. Soldered-to-board, TDP-locked junk is the craze. M.2 overheating SSD craze chasing speeds that are bottlenecked by CPU/RAM in real-world applications that do not involve large amounts of data transfer.

Laptop hardware is getting worse, not better, and people aren't fighting for the good stuff. When the good stuff was there, not enough people wanted it. Now that it's gone, the small set of people that did want/care about it have to hunt for gems in the rough. And people are hooked on marketing gimmicks like "4K" and "IPS" and all sorts of meaningless, useless-in-the-real-world things... but it sells, and that's all that matters.

If you want the good stuff, you gotta put in some elbow grease and/or fork out the cash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.