NP9377-S 120hz Screen Replacement

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by bluefox94, Oct 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spyro-

Spyro- Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Why is that? Why you can't have a 120Hz screen instead of a 60Hz if you want SLI, the screen doesn't support it?

2. deadsmiley

deadsmiley Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I believe they misspoke. The 120Hz screen will work with 980M SLI systems.

3. bluefox94

bluefox94 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Oh that's a relief to hear. Thanks! I have seen many videos for screen replacement and it seems not that difficult actually. But the thing is I will be replacing my 60hz screen with a 120hz so I also need to replace de lcd cable, and I believe I have to dig deep for that and I am not confident enough for that. That's why I was hoping xotic to do it but if they say no, I will probably take it to the best laptop repair shop I can find in NYC. Do you think This company is good?

www.laptopmd.com

They have great ratings and reviews on yelp, and they seem pretty confident with their service and quality. Again, I am a little hesitant because this is my very new and first high end gaming laptop.

Thanks in advance :)

4. deadsmiley

Reputations:
    I am with you on hesitating to take your new machine to a repair shop. I bet you can do this yourself.

Download the service manual if you haven't already. The Clevo is really easy to work on. Just mind which screw goes where, take your time and read the relevant sections of the manual a couple of times.

Here is a direct link to the manual in PDF if you don't have it. CLEVO User Manual Download

Bah... that's the user manual. You wan the Serivice manual: http://repo.palkeo.com/clevo-mirror/P37xSM-A/

5. TW1NTRB0

TW1NTRB0 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I called them back to be certain and I was told that it can be ordered with 980m sli but they are unable to make them with any 970m chips. The reason I was told are the drivers, they will not sell them with chips that are not supported driver wise by the manufacturer. I do not know enough about the mobile screens to make a good enough guess as to why the 120hz screens are disappearing. AVADirect and Eurocom have removed the 120hz option for their 17" gaming machines. Eurocom still offers it on the X8 workstation model but not the X7 anymore. One reseller told me it was because they are 3D screens and if 3D is not supported in the drivers then they can not sell them and another told me it was because the refresh rate is not supported in the drivers. I'm tempted to just buy a 980m sli setup with a 120hz screen and call it a day as they may not even be an option going forward.

6. deadsmiley

Reputations:
    I hear you. I really wanted (and had the cash) a P370SM with 780M SLI and 120Hz screen with 3D emitter. But, I waited too long to pull the trigger and they were removed from sale. So I bought the P170SM-A instead.

Now I see that XoticPC has the P370SM for sale with the 120Hz screen, but no 3D emitter. I suppose these are leftovers.

7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Sager include the connector on all the motherboards so you can always add the 120hz screen in with an nvidia card, it just wont be 3d enabled.

8. djricekcn

djricekcn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    what's the difference between the NP9377, NP9380-S, NP9377-S? I can't tell by looking at the spec sheets. What I want is a GLOSSY screen too, which doens't seem to be offered.

9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The -S editions come with some larger storage and memory options as standard with a lower cost for grabbing them at once.

The different numbers have slightly different designs and lighting schemes.

10. djricekcn

djricekcn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If I don't care about the lighting scheme except needing / wanting keyboard having a background color, 17inch+ screen, 980m, full sized keyboard, 4x USB (prefer all USB3.0, if not at least 2), HDMI, 4810 CPU, what is the recommend one from you (guys/gals) that's the cheapest option? I personally can't see much of a difference 60fps+ and or it is umcomfortable for me so refresh of 60hz is fine with me...but wishing there was glossy option

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.