NP9377-S 120hz Screen Replacement

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by bluefox94, Oct 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluefox94

bluefox94 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hmm that makes sense, I haven't thought of that hahah that is smart. Well it is good if it only voids the warranty for the screen. Or like I said I can just swap the old one when I need to send it. Thanks man!

2. bluefox94

Reputations:
    That's interesting. However I wouldn't count on a screen overclock. But I'll definitely try

3. TW1NTRB0

TW1NTRB0 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I guess I just keep getting in touch with the wrong people at Eurocom and XoticPC. I contacted XoticPC and spoke to two different people and both told me that the NP9377 does not have a 50 pin eDP connector. I also contacted Eurocom and spec'd out the X7 to the same specs (I chose 970m sli) rather than the 980m and their price was almost $600 more than Xotic. They came down on their price $300 but only on the workstation X8 model and said they could not price match the gaming version X7 laptop. The only difference between the two I spec'd was the 120hz screen which was only a $28 upgrade over the standard lcd panel. I even offered to pay Eurocoms $300 inflated price for the 120hz screen but only on the X7 and they said no. I have money burning a hole in my pocket and no one wants my money, guess I'll wait for Alienware or maybe try to speak with more competent associates at Xotic later. Icould buy and replace the screen no problem but only if the NP9377 has the right connector.

4. Spyro-

Spyro- Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Did you contacted with XoticPC by e-mail or phone? I have sent an e-mail to the Sales department but I guess the Tech Support department would have been better.

There's a review from a guy from this forum (HTWingNut) showing the Sager NP9377 (Clevo P377SM-A) with a 120Hz screen, so that model should have the eDP 50pin connector.

Alienware is ridiculously expensive, they have a model with 120Hz tho (Alienware 17).

5. TW1NTRB0

TW1NTRB0 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

I only used the chat service when I spoke to XoticPC. They may just be misinformed but if someone can confirm it has the eDP connector I'll buy one today. I get 10% through my company partner discount through Dell, I'd have to check and see if Alienware is included. They are overpriced but they look awesome, I'm also hoping they have a 120hz screen with the 9xxm sli updates in the pipeline. I could always sell my Sager (if I buy one) in a few months and get an Alienware. Buying one now and updating to the 970 or 980 in sli is just too expensive, I do however want to buy an sli laptop very soon as I have an almost month long trip coming up and would like to have something to kill some time with.

6. bluefox94

Reputations:
    Same. If there was a way to be 100% sure that the mobo has that connector, I would literally order a screen right now

7. Tmets

Tmets De-evolving to Amoeba

Reputations:
    I said it at the start of this thread, but if you ask this question in the correct place, the Clevo subforum, you are more likely to get an answer to your questions. Resellers like Xotic are allowed to post there but not here, and there will be owners of these models.

8. bluefox94

Reputations:
    I don't know how to move my thread. How can I do that?

9. Spyro-

Spyro- Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Open your NP9377-S and tell us if it's there. :D

10. bluefox94

Reputations:
    Eurocom said I also need to buy the cable and connect it with the aluminum band etc. too much hassle for me hahah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.