NP9377-S 120hz Screen Replacement

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by bluefox94, Oct 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spyro-

Spyro- Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm seeing EuroCom offers Spanish layout on their options, but with shipping to Europe and stuff it's super expensive, lol. Maybe with the Price Match stuff will be better.

2. Spyro-

Reputations:
    AHTEC doesn't exists anymore.
    Mountain offers P157SM, P177SM and P370SM, so no 120Hz. :(
    The 120Hz display is a must for me, if I can't have 120Hz I will not buy anything lol. :laugh:

3. bluefox94

bluefox94 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You can try Xotic for keyboard but again, they do not offer 120hz. I don't understand these manufacturers. Why would you stop making 120hz screens for such a laptop that can push way above 60fps, even 80-90, in any game. This is just stupid.

4. Tmets

Tmets De-evolving to Amoeba

Reputations:
    What I mean is ask for the keyboard itself as a separate component from someone else if you can't get it with the 120Hz.

5. Tmets

Reputations:
    It isn't the fault of Clevo, the same happened with the 15" 95% gamut screens, the manufacturer, in this case AUO, just stopped making them. I suppose the shift to IPS at the high end may have something to do with this.

bluefox94 likes this.
  6. bluefox94

Reputations:
    Yeah I'm totally blaming LG here since they are the manufacturer. Clevo has their hands tied since they do not produce anymore. However I have to sort out that warranty thing. What do you think? Can I keep my warranty if I get something like an accidental damage warranty or something? I just want to install it without voiding my warranty.

7. Spyro-

Reputations:
    The screen is no problem if the model has the 50pin eDP port, since I can buy the LG LP173WF2 TP B1 and change it. Do you know if it's necessary to buy a cable too for the eDP Port<->Monitor connection? Coz the default cable is 40pin isn't it? I mean we need the 120Hz screen AND the cable?

I will ask SAGER & XoticPC for the ES/Spanish keyboard coz they have much better prices than EuroCom.

8. bluefox94

Reputations:
    Yeah Xotic has much better prices. I believe the 9377 comes with the 50pin connector inside already. I am not sure about the cable. You can ask Xotic about it. Please let me know if we need the cable or not! Thanks!

9. Tmets

Reputations:
    Normally with Clevos, changing the components means you keep the warranty, but not on the component you changed, and any damage you cause would be your problem. It isn't hard to change a screen if you are sensible about it, and you still have the old screen, so if it did need to go back for repair of something else, you could just swap it back.

I think you are right about the cable, it should be there already, but yeah, it's worth checking. Xotic are fairly helpful about that kind of thing.

10. Spyro-

Reputations:
    On a different note... have you tried to OC to 120Hz the screen of your NP9377-S?
    I'm reading a post from a guy that says that he OC'd the Sager NP9390 (Clevo P375SM) to 120Hz setting the native resolution to 1920x1080@120hz using the NVIDIA control panel, with zero issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.