NP9377-S 120hz Screen Replacement

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by bluefox94, Oct 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluefox94

bluefox94 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey guys,
    I bought a Sager NP9377-S from Xotic. Unfortunately Sager does not offer 120hz screens anymore because they are discontinued by the manufacturer. However I really really want a 120hz screen to properly use my dual 980m and I need some help. Well, I did some research:

Eurocom still offers 120hz screen for their version of np9377, called X7. The part number for it is listed as: LP173WF2 (eDP). I asked them if I can purchase it from them. If so, voila!
    http://www.eurocom.com/ec/configure(1,240,0)ec

Also I checked laptop lcd sellers and found laptopscreen.com I am not sure but It seems pretty better than random sellers from China or Hong Kong, since it is US based and I will have a contact to sort out any problems.Also they offer 3 year warranty and guarantee that it is not an aftermarket item. Anyways they have the LP173WF2 on their website:

http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/screen-part-number/LP173WF2(TP)(A1)/
    It is A+ so it is not taken from a laptop or anything. And it is matte. Only thing is I am not exactly sure if it would fit my np9377. I have just sent them an email and waiting for a reply. Does anyone know?

Edit: Just found out they also have LP173WF2(TP)(B1) and (B2) too. This is getting more confusing now

Also I searched the website however could not find the n9377 under the sager list. There was np9370(?) however. Again it is new and matte. I still dont know if it fits a np9377 though.
    http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/Sager/NP9370-3D/

Has anyone tried to replace their screen on 9377? I would really appreciate any help. Thanks!

2. Tmets

Tmets De-evolving to Amoeba

Reputations:
    This is really a question best asked in the Clevo subforum. If looking for information, you should use the correct model name, which is the Clevo P377SM. It is very much the same as the P370SM, so I can't see why it wouldn't work.
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/

3. CLight

CLight Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am buying it from eurocom for this exact reason. They charge a lot more than other resellers/rebranders, but they offered me price match with xotic pc. Plus, I am located in Canada so it is a win/win.

bluefox94 likes this.
  4. Spyro-

Spyro- Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have investigated this issue a lot too, this is all the information I have compiled:
    - LG PHILIPS LP173WF2 TP A1 <- Glossy
    - LG PHILIPS LP173WF2 TP A2 <- No idea
    - LG PHILIPS LP173WF2 TP B1 <- Matte, used by the Sager NP9370
    - LG PHILIPS LP173WF2 TP B2 <- Matte
    - LG PHILIPS LP173WF2 TP B3 <- Matte

I don't know the differences between the B1/B2/B3. Maybe one of them is 72% Gamut Matte or 90% Gamut Matte.

bluefox94 likes this.
  5. bluefox94

Reputations:
    Wow the price match is awesome! What is the benefit of being located in Canada when buying from them? Are they also Canada based?

6. bluefox94

Reputations:
    Thanks for your input man! I just got confirmed that the correct screen for NP9377-S is LG PHILIPS LP173WF2 TP B1. And my friend got into contact with xotic and they also confirmed that all 9377 models have 50pin eDP support on the motherboard so we are good! Only question I have left is that does replacing the screen void my warranty?

7. Spyro-

Reputations:
    SAGER told me this:

8. bluefox94

Reputations:
    Meh. This is not cool, but reasonable and I was expecting it. I really really want the 120hz screen, but voiding the warranty is NOT good at all. I am in a dilemma now..

9. Spyro-

Reputations:
    Do you know any reseller that sells the NP9377-S (CLEVO P377SM-A) with different keyboard layouts? SAGER only offers the US one and I want the ES (Spanish) one. :(

10. Tmets

Tmets De-evolving to Amoeba

Reputations:
    You can always ask Eurocom if they can get hold of one for you. You could also try a Spanish seller:
    MOUNTAIN - Fabricamos PCs Sobremesa, Portátiles, Estaciones de Trabajo y Servidores
    http://www.ahteconline.com/

Components like that generally aren't listed on the sites, they are something you need to request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.