Np9377 Failure/ Fire

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by yeoldegamer1979, Jan 16, 2019.

1. yeoldegamer1979

yeoldegamer1979 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    And I apologize if I misunderstood. When I made my purchase originally it was directly through Sager's website.

The response I received was neutral and respectful, and I appreciate (and have seen many times) that you make a genuine effort. I would politely suggest some sort of policy suggestion is put in place for something like this instead of "Sorry, your laptop warranty expired on ........"

2. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Yea, I was asking what company you bought the Clevo/Sager unit from.

Meaker should be able to sort you out, hopefully.

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    I see so it was more the tone and bluntness with the lack of advice as to your options? Was a paid repair service offered?

4. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    For example, Asus policy is to auto extend any warranty 90 days, because having a device fail just after expiration is a PR nightmare. BestBuy, otoh, is draconian.

jaybee83 likes this.
  5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Fire is likely usually down to the main VRM input suffering a failure. This can be due to surges, cooling or failure of the VRM chip.

6. Marvin H Muckley III

Marvin H Muckley III Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don't see any details in these posts when the laptop was purchased? when did the warranty expire? I understand your frustration at the response but I don't know enough details to be angry for you or not. If the warranty expired a month or two before the problem then I can see why you would be upset. However, if the laptop has been out of warranty for half a year or more before problem started I cant be too angry with the company because it's not fair to hold them responsible for ALL future problems. I agree they should have given you options and tried to help as best as they could but you have to understand that sometimes things fail.