NP8662 - Auto-deactivate touchpad

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by roymathieu, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roymathieu

roymathieu Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi,

I just configured a brand new ASUS UL50Vt for a friend and noticed a cool feature on it. In the touchpad configuration software there is an option to automatically de-activate the touchpad whenever another mouse is detected (and of course the touchpad gets re-activated when the mouse is disconnected).

Any ideas whether this feature is unique to ASUS laptops? Is there a third party software that could reproduce that on my Sager?

If not I'd be happy if I could change the default boot setting for my touchpad because I find it annoying to Fn+F1 to turn it off every time I boot up. If I could turn it off by default and Fn+F1 only when I need it that would be much better.

Thanks
    Mat

2. theriko

theriko Ronin

Reputations:
    I disable my touchpad in the control panel normally, then turn it on when I need to use it. This method does require you to be able to navigate to the control panel and activate the touchpad without a mouse though.

3. The_Observer

The_Observer 9262 is the best:)

Reputations:
    Fn+F1 disables it in mine!

4. theriko

theriko Ronin

Reputations:
    Yes, but only till reboot. roymathieu and I want it to boot with a disabled touchpad and only enable it when we need it.

5. roymathieu

Reputations:
    activating the touchpad through control panel without a mouse can be a pain, but feasible... yet the auto-disable on external mouse plug in would be so much more convenient

6. theriko

theriko Ronin

Reputations:
    I agree, but it doesn't seem to be available on our machines for some reason.

I use the touchpad so rarely that it doesn't bother me.

7. wesoo

wesoo Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone!

Sorry, this is my 1 post for more memmbr "theriko" could not & Part No. individual cat, but I need help.

I update the BIOS on my laptop and something went wrong, not now turn a laptop screen.

I went to see the web for Chris Bios recover.
    Have available more than 20 versions, but so far no success.

My biggest problem is - I can not save to floppy disk 2 MB BIOS. All attempts to make a boot
    flash or SD ended in failure.

The laptop is: Satellite pro U400 PSU45E

Please help me ... the laptop reads the floppy in BIOS with little experience (those that come with Chris Bios 500 KB - 1000 KB) begins with a normal boot beep signals supposedly provided a definition blocks then baar both short beep and do nothing ..
    there must be something ... DOS BIOS small size, USB emulator .. BIOS to be torn down so it is possible charging of USB, SD ...

Every idea can be useful!

Thank you very much

Excuse my english

8. roymathieu

Reputations:
    hi wesoo and welcome to the forums... unfortunately your question is really not related to our topic, there are other threads about bios recovery here but I think the best place is: http://forums.mydigitallife.info/. Hope you'll find what you need there.

9. roymathieu

Reputations:
    So after several hours of googling around I found the solution to automatically disable Synaptics touchpads when an external mouse is connected. I found the answer here: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/15103-latest-synaptics-touchpad-drivers/page__st__40

Props to UchihaZero and LSudlow for the trick. I'll repost it here to make it available to more people.

Here are the reg files that will include the right keys to your registry (just rename them to .reg instead of .txt and double-click them)

Attached Files:

10. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    I have been wondering about this too. Can't remember which laptop I was using but they had that same feature. It should be standard. I didn't know about Fn+F1 though, maybe I'll try that.

@ roymathieu, those disable the touchpad, and I'm assuming requires a restart? Also, how do you re-enable it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.