NP8176 / P670HP6 battery and keyboard replacement

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by omnivor, Jul 24, 2021.

1. omnivor

omnivor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi, I'm experiencing some problems with the mentioned components and would like to replace them. Are there any places where I can get original components? Thank you!

2. omnivor

Reputations:
    My battery is showing 0% in Windows, does not charge, and would do a hard shut off whenever I unplugged it. When I did powercfg /batteryreport, it shows a full charge capacity of 8 Wh out of a design capacity of 60 Wh, which is obviously not ideal, but it should still charge, right? Is there anything I could do to have it charge? I just need it to last long enough for me to move around the house and plug it back in.

3. Tech Junky

Tech Junky Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Been there, done that with the battery.

8/60WH is a good sign it needs to be replaced. For my model I shopped around for batteries and knock off batteries IIRC were ~$50-60 and OEM ~$100+

Keyboard should be easy to find on e-bay.. just search for the model #

Otherwise go to Sager and order originals.

4. omnivor

Reputations:
    Thanks for the tip! I am a bit wary of knockoffs, and unfortunately, searching at Sager under accessories for this particular model only found me the AC adapter.

5. Tech Junky

Tech Junky Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Knock offs and OEM are pretty much the same quality since they're all made in CN anyway.

Sager site is limited but, usually about the only place outside of the manuals to find the model # for things to dig them up through google.

Since each reseller assigns their own model # to things it's sometimes a bit hard to find these accessories.

6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    You can always email the service team and ask if they can source something :)