NP530Uxx Thread (Series 5 ultrabook)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by gotoh, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atom Ant

Atom Ant Hello, here I go again

Reputations:
    You can clean your fan with high pressure air by a compressor, than you do not need to take apart the laptop. Otherwise I agree it is very unwelcome to loose warranty just because customer want work inside, like re-pasting the processor.

2. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    In reality, you will only lose the warranty if you damage something while removing the back (get a good set of screwdrivers). While Samsung discourage users from going inside their computers, they do not provide any seals. Also, if you do see any excessive temperature increase during the warranty period then you could ask Samsung to fix the problem.

John

3. 19arek93

19arek93 Newbie

Reputations:
    Good to hear that, thanks. :)
    No, not in my country. I like my notebook too much. ;)

4. leafinthewind

leafinthewind Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just got the NP540U3C-A02UB core i3 touch screen, an open box at Best Buy for $630 and decided to swap out the 4 GB of RAM it came with for an 8 GB stick. When I opened it up, I found an empty slot; the stock 4 gigs is on the board. I added the 8 gigs and lo and behold, I am now reading 12 gigs installed, 11.7 available. And it is fast! very happy with this Laptop.

5. 19arek93

19arek93 Newbie

Reputations:
    There is new BIOS version for 530U4C - P06ABH. I wonder if there is still linux-bricking problem. :)

6. niksu

niksu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has anyone installed Windows 8 to this laptop? I installed W8 Pro couple of weeks ago and it's very unstable. Almost every time I close the lid to put it to sleep it restarts. If I choose sleep from startmenu (start8), it won't reboot during the night. Also, restart button doesn't work, desktop closes and restarting text and rolling balls appear but it won't restart. All drivers installed from Samsung website. Any idea what's wrong?

7. Vintorlok

Vintorlok Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi EveryBody,

I've just buyed this Ultrabook, but it comes pre-charged with windows 7 Home.

I would like to know something else about how does it work with windows 8 before format it and lose all.

Would I lost any funcionality following the "-guide-how-install-windows-7-8-via-usb-np700z.html" like iSsd Caching , Intel Rapid Start, HIbernate function, ...

Thanks in advance.
    Víctor

8. niksu

Reputations:
    I re-installed a lot of drivers with Samsung SW Update tool and now this seems to be working just fine.

9. Vintorlok

Vintorlok Newbie

Reputations:
    Still In windows 7 Home, yesterday I installed all updates I found on Samsung Software Update.

After that, I realize that when I put the lid down, a blue light keeps on in the laptop. That didn't happen before, when the laptop changed to Hibernate mode, nothing noticeable where shown.

I repaired the full system to a backup from one hour before. Does this happen also in windows 8 whit that laptop, the blue light is on when hibernate mode?

Thanks in advance.

10. niksu

Reputations:
    Victor, only charger light when in sleep/hibernate with Windows 8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.