NP530Uxx Thread (Series 5 ultrabook)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by gotoh, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. urgiv

urgiv Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thx got reply
    Laptop arrive tomorrow and I can start making experiments ;-)
    but have small issue laptop have TR keyboard
    have you guys anyone spare keys all whole palm rest to sell?

2. skor78

skor78 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have a whole palmrest to sell, but it might not be helpful to you cuz.. 1- keyboard is PT-PT (portuguese-Portugal) 2- Laptop is 530U3C (13.3"), not U4C (14").

Good luck.

3. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I understand what you're saying: You own a Win8 license, and in theory it shouldn't be a problem how you get hold of the software. But clearly that's not how Microsoft sees it, otherwise they would make install media available for download (as they did with Win7). Until they do, we have to stick by the rules here.

It doesn't matter how you and I think it should be, what matters is what the lawyers of the world think. We cannot put NBR at risk by allowing discussion of "alternative" sources or sharing of software on the forum. That is why our forum rules are very strict on this point:

Don't worry, you didn't do anything wrong, I am merely explaining why we have to stick to these rules. As you can imagine, this is not the first time the subject has come up here.

Skor78's answer was also spot on: Even if you got hold of an image backup of someone else's Recovery partitions (you'd need both SAMSUNG_REC and SAMSUNG_REC2) you wouldn't be able to re-create your own Recovery from it. However, if you also get a so-called USB Admin Tool you could actually do it. The procedure is described in this post (for SRS5, it's similar for SRS6).

Even better, if you had a bootable Factory Image backup on a USB stick, created on exactly the same model as yours, you could actually use that to re-image your drive.

But still, please don't use the forum to ask for or facilitate sharing of these, for the reasons I described above. As I just posted to another member in a similar situation, I think you should press the seller to provide Win8 install media to go with the PC.

4. urgiv

Reputations:
    No problem

I alredy read few link what you advised all clear for me now not a problem I going keep rules.

Look's reinstall WIN 8 and all driver and software from Samsung will be not big deal.

THX for help - when done I will update

5. urgiv

Reputations:
    All installed include all new app and drivers as you guys advised by this forrum

THX a lot win8 ent N working brilliantly now

6. gutzz

gutzz Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all,

I just bought Samsung Series 5 a week ago and I have some question:
    1. According to battery bar app the battery wear rate is about 8%. I've calibrated the battery twice from BIOS. Result from first calibration the battery wear rate is 11% and from the second reduced to 8%. Is it normal or should I contact samsung?
    2. Which touchpad driver version works best with series 5? I've tried several versions from other brand and v11.7.8.5 from samsung seems the best for me.
    3. I need to connect my laptop to external monitor and I know that I have to buy an adapter/dongle to do that. What kind of connector on the small end? is it micro HDMI or proprietary from samsung?

I'm using Windows 7 on my laptop.

Thanks.

7. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I would ask Samsung to replace the battery. 8% wear as new is excessive. Tell them you have already run the calibration and got 11% down to 8% but no more. You are entitled to have the advertised capacity (45Whr?) with a new computer. My last two computers have come with batteries where the actual capacity is more than design so there's clearly some allowance for variations.

The premature wear could also indicate a battery with a poor life expectancy which is another reason to push for a replacement. My X3B arrived with a battery with 3% wear and deteriorated quite quickly (I wasn't alone - it seems there was a bad batch). When it reached 30% wear I got it replaced under warranty.

John

8. gutzz

gutzz Newbie

Reputations:
    Okay. Thanks for your advice.
    I'm going to observe the battery wear for at least 1 or 2 months before going to samsung for repair.

9. flojoe

flojoe Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys!

I am a proud owner of a NP530U3C - DE, the german version. I have been always happy with the ultrabook, but lately some severe problems have occurred.
    I had my laptop in sleep and carried it home, and at home it had shut down. I tried to start it, but only the I/O LED would come on, but nothing else happened. It had been bricked the whole day. The next day, I got it to boot and was able to backup all my files.
    Ever since, I can get it to boot, but usually it takes me two tries: the first time, It wont get past the samsung start screen, it wont start up windows 7. So I switch it off again and the next time it works. It always takes 5 seconds now before even the samsung screen will show up when starting. If i get passed it, it boots relatively normal. Some times, when workling with it, it radomly shuts off (usually after about 30 min of use). Other days, like right now, I can have it running for hours with no problems.
    And It also won't shut down properly: If i try to shut it down normally, I can see the windows shut down screen and then the screen gets black, but the fan keeps spinning and the WIFI LED as well as the I/O LED are glowing, and it wont shut off. The only thing that helps is switching it off by holding down the power button.

Does anyone of you have clou what the porblem might be about? Where it might be located? I have the feeling that it is a hardware problem, that's why i did not reset it yet. Any ideas?
    Any help is very welcome....I love this computer and I don't want to get a new one :(

Thanks,

Flo

10. skor78

skor78 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi. I'd start by searching for a bios update for your laptop. If none available, set bios to factory settings or hit reset. If this doesn't work the issue is probably hdd or hw. If you're still under warranty, use it!

Good luck.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk HD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.