Now that you see how things are playing out, what's your opinion on the console wars?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MGS2392, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MGS2392

MGS2392 NAND Cat!

Reputations:
    IMO, PS3, sadly, needs a very very good miracle. There's PS3s everywhere around me. No one wants them.

However, between 360 and Wii, it's gonna be a tough race. 360 is a good balance between power and price, and it doesn't scare away previous gamers because it uses a conventional control scheme. The Wii, however, is very affordable, and the motion sensing controls are intriguing many non gamers. However, for the older gamers, I see som making fun of it's graphics and gameplay. I see that they soon like it when they try it. It is crucial that Nintendo allows others to try it out at retailers.

2. iza

iza Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I've never liked Sony (or M$ for that matter), so I'm pretty glad the Wii is winning. It's the most fun, and has a nice lineup of games.

3. csinth

csinth Snitch?

Reputations:
    I think the more hardcore gamers will go for the 360 ( i know i did) and for family and cheap gaming, the Wii fits perfectly. I think the PS3 will sell a lot more in Japan because... well Sony is just generally well supported there, and they have lots of JRPGS lined up for the PS3. I enjoy the 360 very much, and this next year will bring lots of good games. I think the Wii is a tad gimicky (have you heard the built in mic? Its more like one of those Jedi action figures with replacable soundchips), but good games will make the system.

4. Fittersman

Fittersman Wanna trade?

Reputations:
    no way, who wants to sit there in their livingroom swingin the thing around breaking stuff? personally i dont like any of the new consoles... but to me the 360 is the best because it still uses the controller and it has good graphics for a good price. the ps3 is overpriced big time, dont know what they were thinking doing that.

5. plattnnum

plattnnum Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    i think the 360 is best new console....I'm backing Nintendo however because i don't like the idea of Microsoft dominating another huge market in the US. Their deep pockets and licensing will continue to allow them to gain market share I'm afraid. The ps3 is simply overpriced.

6. Gator

Gator Go Gators!

Reputations:
    I've played both the Wii and the Xbox360 on an HDTV. I gotta say that having owned an Xbox, I don't find anything revolutionary or new about the 360. Sure, graphics look better than ever, but I just didn't have as much fun as when I first got my Xbox. The Wii on the other hand, has relatively crappy graphics (at least on the bowling game I played). But it was fun, and that's all that matters to me on a console.

7. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Woof NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I own a 360, and I enjoy it. It might not be "revolutionary" but if I have fun playing games, who cares. I have to agree that the Wii is fun, but not fun enough for me to want to play all the time. Honestly, I think the motion controls are overrated.

8. ejl

ejl fudge

Reputations:
    i think the more the game designers for the wii utilize the motion control, the more fun it will become. have you ever played trauma center, second opinion? it can get pretty difficult and the motion controls are fairly specific (not like with zelda where all you really have to do is shake your wrist a little). it was pretty fun and addictive for me, at least. granted, fps and rts games really aren't my thing though, so i can understand why "hardcore" gamers are would prefer the better graphics of the xbox 360/ps3......but for a nontraditional gamer, the wii is great....it's interactive and graphics aren't so important....that is why it is so popular.

it would be hard to make a good rpg for the wii though....

9. foosa123

foosa123 adsfjldsajflkajsdfa

Reputations:
    XBOX 360 ALL THE WAY FTW!!!! i have one and i absolutely love it!!!!

10. moon angel

moon angel Notebook Virtuoso NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I don't really care!

Well you asked! Last console I had was a PS2 about a year ago, maybe 2 years ago, I forget. Gran Turismo got boring, hence the PS2 got boring!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.