NOW AVAILABLE - Updated ENVY 15, ENVY 17 / ENVY 17 3D

Discussion in 'HP' started by eafd, Nov 16, 2011.

?

Did you purchase a shiny new ENVY 15 and/or ENVY 17?

1. Yes, purchased the ENVY 15!

62.1%
  2. Yes, purchased the ENVY 17 / ENVY 17 3D!

39.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoulMisaki

SoulMisaki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It depends on quite a few things.

If you were using it with the AMD GPU, brightness at full, and battery settings at "High Performance" - you'd get 3 hours or lower for sure. I usually get around 4.5+ on my ENVY when using it on the AMD GPU, and around 5.6 - 6 when on the Intel Integrated GPU.

2. diaper84

diaper84 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    too bad costco version doesn't offer 1080p though

3. timjuliani

timjuliani Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The in store model does.

4. moooose

moooose Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My 3rd unit has now gone back and I've opted for a refund. Such a pity....a real real pity! HP customer service is still the best I've dealt with. They've even given me a discount voucher for the inconvenience it's caused.

5. devsk

devsk Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I got my 3rd unit and sad to see that defects are all there. I am convinced HP is not doing anything to fix the issues that are plaguing its Envy production line.

6. stevester

stevester Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What I did was send my laptop in for repair to get the defects fixed (all but the screen). They did a good job but took almost 1 month, still not sure if I can live with the lack of reds tho

7. moooose

Reputations:
    Well I opted for a DV7 in brushed aluminium. I7 processor and 1TB hard drive with blu ray. What can I say, it's gorgeous, faultless and built like a brick .... house. It's a pleasure to type on and the volume is just brilliant. This has none of the sound card issues that all 3 of my Envy's did. Moreover, it was £500 cheaper than the Envy and the only thing its lacking is a backlit keyboard. Astonishingly, this blows the Envy out of the water and leads me to believe that HP must indeed be using a different assembly line manned by incompetents to put the Envy laptops together.

8. djuno

djuno Newbie

Reputations:
    Just got my 15-3040NR with the 1080p display and I love it. Haven't had any issues with the build quality at all and the red issue isn't close to being a deal breaker. After reading through these forums it seems like I got lucky.

9. devsk

devsk Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Man, this issue with the missing keys on battery is just killing me....its so frustrating to type the words and them not appearing on the screen...I am hating this thing right now.

10. moooose

Reputations:
    oh and I forgot to mention, the DV7 is virtually silent, unlike the Envy. All three units that I've had operated the fans constantly. Keyboard doesn't miss a beat either

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.