1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

NOW AVAILABLE: ENVY 17-32XX Intel Ivy Bridge (AMD 7850M)

Discussion in 'HP Envy & HDX' started by justinkw1, May 8, 2012.

1. Jerohm

Jerohm Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Envy 3D most definitely has 120Hz screen... maybe(?) not supported by the HD 4000

2. SpartanJet

SpartanJet Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That could be, its the reason why the Alienware 3D laptops don't have switching. The old Envy 17 3D 2xxx had the 120Hz screen and graphic switching though. If this new one doesn't they probably should have indicated it. It could also be a software problem I guess. I wish there was a new regular Envy 17 owner out there who could verify whats in their device manager under graphic devices its driving me crazy.

Going to re-install from the backups just to be sure and kill some time lol.

3. PaKii94

PaKii94 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    yeah thats prolly a good idea. And I think alot of the alienware/sager comps dont have gfx switching :p. But I dont c intel going backwards in the 3d support department. Where there new drivers or something?

4. Jstr_MSFT

Jstr_MSFT Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Did some research. PowerTune overclocks too

Sent from my SGH-i917 Windows Phone using Board Express

5. PaKii94

Reputations:
    I stand corrected then :eek:

6. Jstr_MSFT

Jstr_MSFT Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Its very conservative when it does though

Sent from my SGH-i917 Windows Phone using Board Express

7. StocksMan

StocksMan Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi Everyone,

After getting the runaround from HP today, I just received an email, statiing my shipment will be delayed until 6/26. Kind of ridiculous, as that's within 2 days of the current ship date for new Envy orders on HP's website.

They also followed up, with a 15% coupon off my *next* purchase, which is pretty much worthless. Anyone had success in getting the 15% applied to the current order ?

I'm calling HP again tomorrow. I totally want the Envy, but I'm not sure if I can wait what seems another 2-3 weeks. My current laptop is in bad shape. I wonder if HP will offer anything further (or allow the 15% discount on this Envy) to keep the order.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thank You.

8. khruby

khruby Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If you're ideal config happens to be the quick-ship model, demand to be sent one of those immediately.

9. PaKii94

Reputations:
    I would do what the guy above me said if urs matches up. if not, keep the current order but demand to speak to a supervisor in a pissed off state... they should give u $50 off. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the 15% applied to it and I didnt wanna escalate it any further

10. klas

klas Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Got mine a day early. The good it's new, the bad... well it's just same old Envy. I always wonder if Envy's are designed by left handed people. Otherwise, why on earth would you place a power plug and most other ports on the right hand side...