NOW AVAILABLE: ENVY 15-32XX Intel Ivy Bridge (AMD 7750M)

Discussion in 'HP' started by yknyong1, Feb 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dill72

Dill72 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey all, happy to report a well working unit with zero qc issues that I can see. However, while doing some downloading and gaming on my desk, at some point a heat warning appeared in my hp support assistance thing, I was wondering if anyone else had gotten one of these and if I should be worried/start monitoring temps at all?

2. solar.star

solar.star Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah, if they had the same performance specs and a slightly bigger screen option for the Spectre, I'd definitely get that. How is the Radiance 1920x1080 display, by the way? Is it worth the extra $150?

Thanks for the input - I'm used to not having keys with much finish, so I don't think it'll be a big issue. Did you feel the keyboard flex at all? And you had a Spectre, not a 15, right? Did the glass get marked up by fingerprints easily?

3. greenalleycat

greenalleycat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yep indeed it was a Spectre

It depends what keyboard you come from as to whether or not you'll even notice the difference, it's just that this Sony keyboard is sooo good haha. I did check for flex, and not 100% sure (memory faded a bit..) but pretty sure there was only very minimal flex with a reasonable force. So for normal typing, no flex.

Yea the glass got a bit marked up, not too bad though. The top cover was worse, but I just used a sleeve every few days to clean it. Worth the hassle in my opinion. The screen itself wasn't too bad at all, again just use a screen cleaner when necessary.

Just with regards to the screen, I found it to be pretty adequate. 900p is a nice res for a screen that size.

4. PaKii94

PaKii94 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I just have to say, if u dont get the screen upgrade, ur wasting ur time with the envy

5. adamdoom89

adamdoom89 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    AMEN to that...

6. Dill72

Reputations:
    I just got crazy temperatures!! i was playing swtor and I felt like my laptop was getting hot so i downloaded core temp and my cpu reached 79 degrees C!!! which is a good bit more than it should be! this computer is brand new! Why are the temperatures so high? the fans should be working fine, idk if it has one or two but they are running so should i download another program or try and see why my computer is getting so hot? and this is after maybe 10 minutes of playing!

Edit: i just read that the max temp is 105 but around 80 seems high, or am I just being super paranoid? Also what is the best free temp monitoring software?

7. PaKii94

PaKii94 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I think i might have finally gotten the perfect envy 15 lol. I odnt wanna get my hopes up but from initial impressions, i dont c any scuffs or marks, no dented ports, the cd drive felt looks clean (havent tested it yet) no screen popping out (the reflections are abit wavy on the edges but it doesnt seem like the glass is popping) none of the keys seem to stick, the trackpad looks fine. no bottom panel sqeaking. no harddrive malfunctioning. hopefully this is the one... cause im outta time. if anything happens i cant send it back in D:

will keep you guys updated!

8. timjuliani

timjuliani Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey, just curious-is your keyboard flat? Mine is like a wave, but everything else was ok and they gave me $30 for it, so I kept it anyway...

9. Dill72

Reputations:
    Totally flat.

10. Dill72

Reputations:
    Does anyone elses fans kinda click? it is really really faint and can only be heard when it is really quiet and you listen for it but every once in a while they will make a faint little sound. Almost like it is flicking a piece of paper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.